AK vs AR15 - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK vs AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The AR and AK are two completely different rifles, the Kalashnikov was made to withstand harsh weather conditions and such. In the Spetsnaz they never failed us especially in the field. Sure maybe not the most accurate rifle, but it is the most reliable currently known. The AR is very accurate but not as reliable, I say this due to my experience with them when I first moved to the United States four years ago. The AR has more conversion kits and parts readily available but it's a high maintenance firearm. Either way I'm not intending to offend anyone.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #72

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum
different system, different round, different mechanics, different barrels?

besides thats what an AK is for, brute strength. AR is more refined. the professional killer.

everyone compares the AR and AK like cars or fruit, apparently. I compare them like brothers. from the same family, but entirely different lives. the AR was a good kid, went to college, became an officer in the military, settled down with the family and got a job in the C.I.A. in which if he told you what he did, he would have to kill you. AK was a ****head, never did what he was told, always hung out with the wrong crowd and constantly got into fights. got arrested and let go only to join the military. never made it past lance and got kicked out for misconduct. now he lives his life working as a mechanic in a factory regretting his former years, but will woop everybodys ass in the room cause AK dont take **** from nobody.
Love that post, thanks

Old 03-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #73

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovBlood View Post
The AR and AK are two completely different rifles, the Kalashnikov was made to withstand harsh weather conditions and such. In the Spetsnaz they never failed us especially in the field. Sure maybe not the most accurate rifle, but it is the most reliable currently known. The AR is very accurate but not as reliable, I say this due to my experience with them when I first moved to the United States four years ago. The AR has more conversion kits and parts readily available but it's a high maintenance firearm. Either way I'm not intending to offend anyone.
High maintenance? How so?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #74

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

From what I've experienced and heard you must clean the rifle after shooting. You can go months without cleaning a true Kalashnikov. In Vietnam a soldier found the corpse of a Viet Cong soldier that actually decomposed into the rifle he died with. The American soldier that found him and the rifle; picked the rifle up and it fired cleanly

Old 03-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #75

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

When I say cleanly I mean without complication.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 AM   #76

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Your Vietnam story may be true. What you know about having to clean the AR is false. I am proof of that but there are many w/ much higher round counts than me. How does 50,000 rounds w/ minimal maintenance and a lot of abuse sound? Personally I don't clean my ARs per say. I wipe the bolts down every few hundred rounds if I feel the urge or get bored w/ whatever is on TV.

There are many, many misconceptions circling the AR and many, many people fueling the BS train.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #77

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I appreciate your disproving of the misconceptions. Not to be smart or anything I am pondering on buying an AR. Any brands you would most highly recommen

Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #78

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The best deal going in ARs is the Colt LE6920 or 6720 from G&R Tactical (www.gandrtactical.com).

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6720

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=6920

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-03-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #79

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Never understood why people want to compare these there both sweet guns i own an akm just for the fact it was 400 bones not 900 if I could afford both would have one of each the ak might not be as accurate as Ar but it was designed 20 years before Ar and people always say the current Ar is different it doesn't have the cleaning problems anymore but the ak is still same basic gun was when it was built with some slight modifications to make it cheeper to mass produce not like the Ar which had had all its work to make it as reliable but how often are you going to be taking this gun to war to prove people's arguments either was if your in a war then you'll have the gun your side gives you ammo for not what you prefer haha so when lookin at the gun just look at what your going to be using for! I like both love the ak for plinking around and bunny hunting but planning on getting Ar for yotie hunting just because it is more accurate. So if your one of the guys like I use to be who would clean there guns every couple years when it started jamming get ak if ya like takin apart and keeping clean get Ar because you will prob never be in situation where going to take your personal rife out to the trenches for a fue months of filling it full of mud. Or just get both and have best of both worlds!!
Just my thoughts as a newbie here

Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #80

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyte View Post
Never understood why people want to compare these there both sweet guns i own an akm just for the fact it was 400 bones not 900 if I could afford both would have one of each the ak might not be as accurate as Ar but it was designed 20 years before Ar and people always say the current Ar is different it doesn't have the cleaning problems anymore but the ak is still same basic gun was when it was built with some slight modifications to make it cheeper to mass produce not like the Ar which had had all its work to make it as reliable but how often are you going to be taking this gun to war to prove people's arguments either was if your in a war then you'll have the gun your side gives you ammo for not what you prefer haha so when lookin at the gun just look at what your going to be using for! I like both love the ak for plinking around and bunny hunting but planning on getting Ar for yotie hunting just because it is more accurate. So if your one of the guys like I use to be who would clean there guns every couple years when it started jamming get ak if ya like takin apart and keeping clean get Ar because you will prob never be in situation where going to take your personal rife out to the trenches for a fue months of filling it full of mud. Or just get both and have best of both worlds!!
Just my thoughts as a newbie here
trenches? months full of mud? huh?

-John Ruskin

Quote: