AK Trigger Install

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK Trigger Install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AK Trigger Install

I've got a little problem maybe you can help with. I am building my Romanian Ak, and dissassembled it to apply a Duracoat camo finish. I'm having a hell of a time getting the TAPCO stage 1 trigger and those curely friggin springs back in correctly. Is there a special "trick", or any tips that could help me out? Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Designated Marksman"- The guy that hunts down the enemy and shoots him in the head.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfan--actic View Post
I've got a little problem maybe you can help with. I am building my Romanian Ak, and dissassembled it to apply a Duracoat camo finish. I'm having a hell of a time getting the TAPCO stage 1 trigger and those curely friggin springs back in correctly. Is there a special "trick", or any tips that could help me out? Any help is greatly appreciated.

"Designated Marksman"- The guy that hunts down the enemy and shoots him in the head.
Are you talking about the hammer springs, and your trying to wrap them around the hammer to put it back in? If so... I did this last night and I zip-tied the first spring behind the hammer, then wrapped the 2nd spring around the back of the first zip-tied one so it wouldn't come loose. Worked pretty well after 20 minutes of frustration.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #3

Yep, thanks for the tip. I also found a real good video on Youtube thats a big help. I think I got it whipped now. Thanks again

"Designated Marksman"-The guy that hunts down the enemy and shoots him in the head.