AK tactical opinions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK tactical opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AK tactical opinions

I have a WASR 10 that I purchased from ClassicArms

same as this one

I am very happy with this one. Many different rounds through it and flawless. It came with tapco trigger,black stock and grip and muzzle angled. I want to keep iron sights I'm pretty sure, but want a light (I have a quark turbo) mounted on it. What would you guys recommend? Function is formost.... asthetics not a concern if function is improved. Sling options?

I believe this will be my Main rifle over the AR So I want to get it the way I want it, and start training on this platform.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Magazines.

Ammo.

I use a V-TAC 2-point adjustable sling.

Magazines.

Ammo.

For just a light, I used a piece of Picatinny rail I had laying around and mounted it to the hand guard, then mounted my light.

Magazines.

Ammo.

Good quality training from a reputable instructor.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #3

Here is what my WASR-10 looks like mainly stock except for the furniture. I made my own sling just so I can have what suits me. I will be adding a light but that's about it.

2010-11-21_18.31.10.jpg  

Old 12-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Check out the Primary Weapon Systems website for a good muzzle device. From what I've heard its well worth the money in controling muzzle flip and better than the slant at controling muzzle flash.
As for mounting a light, I'd go with a Tapco intrafuse forend with the removable rails. The built in heat shield does really good for protecting againt barrel heat transfer to your hands and lights, beside it keeps the weight of the gun down opposed to the aluminum handgaurds from UTG like I have which are wicked heat sinks without the rail covers. But if you like the original fore-end you can always add the UTG tri-rail mount that attaches to the barrel, but like their fore-end will transfer heat since its aluminum as well. I havent had much a problem with that ruining a light so far luckily.

If you like the AR type stock you can always do what I did, get a converter and use any AR stock you like. I've got an ATI stock with adjustable cheek rest for when I need higher cheek weld with optics. I'm contemplating a heavier recoil buffer and spring for the stock since its orignally set up for the 5.56 round.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.