AK/SKS Picture Thread - Page 36
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK/SKS Picture Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #351
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 171 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Default thats Mikhail Kalashnakov not makial kalashnecov

how can Simonov's SKS be a knockoff when it was in service before the Kalashnikov was invented however you are correct in saying the two should not be compared the SKS is more accurate than the AK, the SKS has nice looking all wood stock when the AK has a cheap stamped sheet metal receiver it takes more skill to shoot an SKS because you have to aim at your target instead of spraying lead at it and an SKS is legal for anyone to own when a full auto AK is not, you can hunt with an SKS, see how far they throw you under the jail if you try to hunt anything with an AK parts for an SKS are more abundant and the SKS is more versatile firearm than the AK the SKS can be used as a tactical weapon or a sporting weapon the Ak has only one purpose, Anti Personnel
about the only thing the same between the two firearms is the gas system which Simonov designed.
as far as military service the AK is a more superior firearm than the SKSbut as far as availability to the vast public the SKS is superior over the AK.
I like both equaly just wanted to rattle your chains a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r View Post
An sks is nothing compared to the ak designed by makial a Sks is in my opinion a cheap nock off that is poop to a real ak and they insult ak rifles with their looks the 2 should Never be compaired .

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

Last edited by St8LineGunsmith; 05-30-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #352

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith

how can Simonov's SKS be a knockoff when it was in service before the Kalashnikov was invented however you are correct in saying the two should not be compared the SKS is more accurate than the AK, the SKS has nice looking all wood stock when the AK has a cheap stamped sheet metal receiver it takes more skill to shoot an SKS because you have to aim at your target instead of spraying lead at it and an SKS is legal for anyone to own when a full auto AK is not, you can hunt with an SKS, see how far they throw you under the jail if you try to hunt anything with an AK parts for an SKS are more abundant and the SKS is more versatile firearm than the AK the SKS can be used as a tactical weapon or a sporting weapon the Ak has only one purpose, Anti Personnel
about the only thing the same between the two firearms is the gas system which Simonov designed.
as far as military service the AK is a more superior firearm than the SKSbut as far as availability to the vast public the SKS is superior over the AK.
I like both equaly just wanted to rattle your chains a little
You both are wrong. Is an sks a more accurate weapon? Yes it is but not by much about 1/2 on my two weapons.
Is the sks harder to shoot than an AK? NO! They both have the same sights both don't have very good triggers. You can Hun with an AK just fine just as long as you use a mag that is legal were you live. The sks was an older design that required far more machining processes than the stamped AK does. The sks is by no means a blight on the ak's future or past and anybody who thinks otherwise is just ignorant. I would I own both and love both so quit crying its kinda strange...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by me762 View Post
You both are wrong. Is an sks a more accurate weapon? Yes it is but not by much about 1/2 on my two weapons.
Is the sks harder to shoot than an AK? NO! They both have the same sights both don't have very good triggers. You can Hun with an AK just fine just as long as you use a mag that is legal were you live. The sks was an older design that required far more machining processes than the stamped AK does. The sks is by no means a blight on the ak's future or past and anybody who thinks otherwise is just ignorant. I would I own both and love both so quit crying its kinda strange...
chill out
I beg to differ but an AK is a full auto firearm and is illegal to hunt with period
an AKS OTOH is a semi auto and can hunt with if you have a low capacity mag

Nobody here is crying that is why I used smileys in my post just so people would know I was just fooling around I think the AK was a blight on the SKS future not the other way around since it had a short career in the USSR's armed forces but saw a lot of action in the Vietnam war as well as other conflicts I think I have a pretty good handle on the history of both firearms since they are two of my favorites.
and I do own both and love both, no tears shed on my end

you do bring up a good point both firearms use pretty much the same sighting system I think some of the later ak models have windage adjustment on the rear sight.

NRA
GOA

Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #354

Liked 708 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith View Post
chill out
I beg to differ but an AK is a full auto firearm and is illegal to hunt with period
an AKS OTOH is a semi auto and can hunt with if you have a low capacity mag

Nobody here is crying that is why I used smileys in my post just so people would know I was just fooling around I think the AK was a blight on the SKS future not the other way around since it had a short career in the USSR's armed forces but saw a lot of action in the Vietnam war as well as other conflicts I think I have a pretty good handle on the history of both firearms since they are two of my favorites.
and I do own both and love both, no tears shed on my end

you do bring up a good point both firearms use pretty much the same sighting system I think some of the later ak models have windage adjustment on the rear sight.
A real full auto AK is select fire, they have a semi auto capability, throw some soft points in a ten round mag and hunt away. Plus, 99.9999999999999999% of us with AK's have semi auto AKM variants. Last I heard, there are less than 10 legal AK47's in the U.S. you can hunt with a tommy gun if you want to. And boy would I love to

Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #355

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

A real full auto AK is select fire, they have a semi auto capability, throw some soft points in a ten round mag and hunt away. Plus, 99.9999999999999999% of us with AK's have semi auto AKM variants. Last I heard, there are less than 10 legal AK47's in the U.S. you can hunt with a tommy gun if you want to. And boy would I love to
Hey I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow if you'd like man ? it's pretty sweet !

Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
Hey I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow if you'd like man ? it's pretty sweet !
Tommy or AK?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #357

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

Tommy or AK?
Tommy gun BTW way my names Tommy.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
Tommy gun BTW way my names Tommy.
LOL.

Original or newly manufactured? I shot a M1A1 full auto at Knob creek MG shoot a few years back, they are sweet.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #359

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:

LOL.

Original or newly manufactured? I shot a M1A1 full auto at Knob creek MG shoot a few years back, they are sweet.
Original when I bought it 3 years ago of my fathers father who got it from whoever it didn't have any furniture on it so that is new and I have it registered and all the good legal paper work but it's so expensive to shoot
Yes it is full auto BTW

Last edited by SmithKid308; 05-30-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #360

yes it is select fire but still illegal to hunt with, as I stated you can hunt with an AKS which is the semi auto version of the AK but if it is select fire it is illegal to own for most people (Unless you want to pay the 200 dollar BATFE tax and have a background check ran and the the FBI and other law efforcement agencies to have your finger prints on file) let alone legal to hunt with trust me on this I have a few of close relatives employed as ATF agents and deputy Sheriffs. a tommy gun is illegal to hunt with in most states even if it is semi auto due to them shooting 9 mm parabellum and or 45 cal acp if you don't believe me check with your local department of natural resources and see what they tell you concerning the use of these types of firearms for hunting not to mention they are not very practical for hunting
when I am talking about hunting I am talking about large game not squirrels and bunny rabbits
the only exception I could think of would be Louisiana and Texas.
Maybe I should show a pic of my rifles to get this thread back on topic

NRA
GOA