AK sales online - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK sales online

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488 View Post
That does look really nice. I've been toying around with refinishing the furniture on my Romy, but can't settle on a finish style that I like. Part of me thinks it looks really good unfinished, but I do want to protect it somehow.
Thanks. I sanded the wood down with light sand paper (I forget what grain). I then applied a layer of stain (Sedona red) and let it dry. I sanded it and stained it again. I then applied a layer of deck water proofing lacquer. I sanded that lightly, and applied another coat. I applied 2-3 coats of waterproofing sealant. It was a lot of fun and nice to see the results.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
Thanks. I sanded the wood down with light sand paper (I forget what grain). I then applied a layer of stain (Sedona red) and let it dry. I sanded it and stained it again. I then applied a layer of deck water proofing lacquer. I sanded that lightly, and applied another coat. I applied 2-3 coats of waterproofing sealant. It was a lot of fun and nice to see the results.
I've been thinking about doing something to bring out the natural wood grain without coloring it and giving it a laquor coat. Part of me also wants to have these inscribed/carved into the sides of the butt:

rifleclubseal.jpg

It's the seal of my start up club at school here.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That's an interesting idea. Basically customize your weapon with something that really means something to you.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #14

Since the election, the prices on ClassicArms.us are really not all that bad. Go to Gun Broker and look around, people are getting more than that every day. The question is do they have them in stock?

Texas Concealed Handgun Classes for the Southeast Texas area.
Texas CHL License

Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #15

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
Good work because the weapon looks classic. Being mostly talentless when it comes to woodworking (not to mention that I don't have a lot of places to do anything like that in this apartment), I've found a local business, Rifle Dynamics, that will do the work for $100. For me, that's the perfect solution.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #16

Default My choice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
J & G Sales advertises them in SN for $489. That's up $100 from before the November elections. At that price they can keep them. To pay over $500 for a gun that you can't hunt with and can't make an accurate hit on a 100 yd target with makes no sense to me...I would spend my money on ammo, reloading supplies, or an accurate gun.
I got a Romy SAR 1 at an auction for $450 and took it to the range yesterday. The rear sight appeared to be off-axis, so I used the ridge along the receiver cover to aid in aiming.

Put 22 of 26 onto an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper at 75 yards, using the iron sights and without my glasses (20/200 uncorrected), the rifle balanced on my elbows as I sat at a concrete bench.

A little work and that rifle would be plenty accurate at 100 yd and more.

Also, I didn't buy the AK to hunt; it's for protection in the event of social collapse (riots, natural disasters & looters, etc.).

I'm not a hunter, but IF I did hunt, I'd buy a SMLE No. 4, Mk II, put it into a laminate Monte Carlo stock (less warping of a laminate that a solid stock), and properly bedded. Low-cost and deadly accurate.