Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK sales online

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default AK sales online

Has anyone dealt with Classic Arms? There are some interesting deals there and I'm rather interested in the Romanian Military AK Shooters package. Considering what I paid for my AR-15, this is a real deal.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That is not really such a good deal. That is the same price we are selling those same, new, AK's over the counter for, less the FFL transfer fee. I think there way over priced and you can buy a very accurate bolt action rifle for $549.00

Personally I'll stick with my made in America evil black guns because of it's accuracy.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Has anyone dealt with Classic Arms? There are some interesting deals there and I'm rather interested in the Romanian Military AK Shooters package. Considering what I paid for my AR-15, this is a real deal.
AFG,
I've purchased a couple of the ROMY G rifles from Classic Arms, they were great. I live close to the shop, so a local guy did the FFL xfr for me. No problems at all with the rifles. Considering prices these days, it's not a bad deal. I hope that helps.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In today's prices that is not a terrible deal. I didn't pay that much, but those prices are the norm these days.

Of course don't get your hopes up too high. Any comparison of a WASR with even a cheap AR will leave no question in your mind that the AR is the more accurate and versatile platform. The AK will be a ton of fun to shoot and you should expect nothing short of perfect reliability, but it is not very accurate at all, even by AK standards as the WASR is the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't let that discourage you because it makes sense for everybody to have a working knowledge of the most prolific firearm in the world, so keep in mind that you are purchasing a firearm that was designed for cheap, easy mass manufacture for use by uneducated, illiterate conscripts in a country that relied on its vast wasteland as its main line of defense from foreign invasion.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488 View Post
In today's prices that is not a terrible deal. I didn't pay that much, but those prices are the norm these days.

Of course don't get your hopes up too high. Any comparison of a WASR with even a cheap AR will leave no question in your mind that the AR is the more accurate and versatile platform. The AK will be a ton of fun to shoot and you should expect nothing short of perfect reliability, but it is not very accurate at all, even by AK standards as the WASR is the bottom of the barrel. I wouldn't let that discourage you because it makes sense for everybody to have a working knowledge of the most prolific firearm in the world, so keep in mind that you are purchasing a firearm that was designed for cheap, easy mass manufacture for use by uneducated, illiterate conscripts in a country that relied on its vast wasteland as its main line of defense from foreign invasion.
In other words: it's a bada$$ mofu@#in gun! Everyone should have at least one AK!!! Cane knows what I'm talkin' 'bout

Texas is where it's at!
Cheers,
Angry

Old 04-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

J & G Sales advertises them in SN for $489. That's up $100 from before the November elections. At that price they can keep them. To pay over $500 for a gun that you can't hunt with and can't make an accurate hit on a 100 yd target with makes no sense to me...I would spend my money on ammo, reloading supplies, or an accurate gun.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 04-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #7

Default Personal preference over accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488 View Post

I'm looking to just be able to say I own an AK. I realize that they're not the most accurate weapons. For me, it's a personal preference. There's just something about the weapon, especially those pictured on the Classic Arms site, that just reaches out and grabs me. The "classic" wood rather than the newer poly stock is one of those "grabs me" moments. Not to mention that the AK "tweaks" the gun-grabbers and anti-gunners about as much, or more so, as the evil black gun, a.k.a. the AR-15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
J & G Sales advertises them in SN for $489. That's up $100 from before the November elections. At that price they can keep them. To pay over $500 for a gun that you can't hunt with and can't make an accurate hit on a 100 yd target with makes no sense to me...I would spend my money on ammo, reloading supplies, or an accurate gun.
I'm fortunate enough to have a very well-paying job so I can afford to buy on a "whim" when that whim strikes me. As for "reaching out and touching" someone from a distance, I'm still researching weapons that I'd like to pick up, just for that ability. That's one of the reasons I frequent gun enthusiast sites...owner comments can be a very good source of information about weapons.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

There's just something about the weapon, especially those pictured on the Classic Arms site, that just reaches out and grabs me. The "classic" wood rather than the newer poly stock is one of those "grabs me" moments. Not to mention that the AK "tweaks" the gun-grabbers and anti-gunners about as much, or more so, as the evil black gun, a.k.a. the AR-15.

Yeah, I agree. I bought two Romy G's and replaced the wood furniture on one with all synthetic plum stuff. It was cool, but I liked the wood better, so I sold it. With the Romy rough wood furniture, you can sand it down and refinish it yourself. It's easy and looks great. Here are some pics of one that I did. I say, go for it!

romy-g-angle.jpg   romy.jpg  

Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #9

Very nice. It looks like you just picked the weapon up from the factory.

I took the plunge and ordered the AK AND a Nagant. One of the local Las Vegas gun dealers will be accepting the shipment. The owner's daughter said they get a lot of orders delivered from Classic Arms.

I'm still looking at different sites for the ammo. I've found several that don't have (at least when I checked) huge waiting times for 7.62 x 39 ammo. The Nagant was easier to find it for and I've got 2-440 round tins of Bulgarian 7.62 x 54R ammo coming for it. Not to mention 10 extra mags for the AK. Those are being delivered right to my apartment. Plus the Crossroads of the West gun show is coming to the Trop Convention Center on June 13-14 so I'll see what they have for 7.62 x 39 ammo availability.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That does look really nice. I've been toying around with refinishing the furniture on my Romy, but can't settle on a finish style that I like. Part of me thinks it looks really good unfinished, but I do want to protect it somehow.