Is an AK really that bad? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Is an AK really that bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Thanks for Travis Haley's transition video, Mosin. His videos always are great.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
What you just described is pretty much the universal shooting position that MOST people inherently do not use. there must be something "natural" about leaning way back with your chest pointed to the sky while shooting, because you see so many people doing it instead of having that "athletic stance" with a forward lean into the weapon.

however, I'll say that the offset weaver stance is out dated unless you're just target shooting.

in a "gun fight" you want to square up to your target so you have more maneuverability, you can shift left/right, Forward/reverse as needed. try being mobile while shooting from the weaver stance. Plus, if you're with the military or police...or you're just one of those crazy guys ready for the Russians to invade over the N pole... If you're wearing body armor of any kind, the protection is designed to be "square on" to the chest/back, and turning yourself sideways into a weaver stance takes your body armor and moves it to the side, exposing your vulnerable sides to the direction the bullets are coming from.
I just learnt it from former members of spetznaz...maybe the best trained with the ak.I would show you how it looks like...maybe I didn't describe it well....

Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default You're getting closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
How to hold and fire an AK 47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCWyUwP-v7k
That's it!!!!....this is how you should hold/handel an AK.There are a couple of variations, but this is the basic position!!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Same thing, different words

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
There you go...video is better than a bunch of words! haha. that's basically what I was trying to say in my post. feet shoulder width apart, athletic stance so you can go left, right, forwards, backwards, and squared up to the target. NOT a weaver stance with feet front to back and the rifle across the front of your chest pointing wherever your shoulder is pointing.
And that's what I meant, but I'm not as good at explaining things as at showing them.If you meant so, then....man...you definitively know what you're talking about.I would suggest only a couple o variation...as It was showed to me....