Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   AK pistols (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/ak-pistols-4849/)

Ermac 06-08-2008 04:48 PM

AK pistols
 
Can you put a folding stock on an AK pistol?

allmons 06-09-2008 01:03 AM

Not legally!
 
All NFA rules apply - thanks to our idiot congress critters.

Hey, YOU GUYS - do the country a favor and vote some hack out of office as soon as is possible! Every elected scum in this country should be voted out of office at the earliest opportunuity!

NO ONE could be any worse than the carpet baggers in office now. And that is ALL politicians in ALL parties.

:mad:

gopher 08-08-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allmons (Post 27258)
All NFA rules apply - thanks to our idiot congress critters.

Hey, YOU GUYS - do the country a favor and vote some hack out of office as soon as is possible! Every elected scum in this country should be voted out of office at the earliest opportunuity!

NO ONE could be any worse than the carpet baggers in office now. And that is ALL politicians in ALL parties.

:mad:

+1:D
your right on the money

junho806 08-08-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allmons (Post 27258)
All NFA rules apply - thanks to our idiot congress critters.

Hey, YOU GUYS - do the country a favor and vote some hack out of office as soon as is possible! Every elected scum in this country should be voted out of office at the earliest opportunuity!

NO ONE could be any worse than the carpet baggers in office now. And that is ALL politicians in ALL parties.

:mad:

hahaha
so true...

janikphoto 08-08-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermac (Post 27184)
Can you put a folding stock on an AK pistol?

to answer the question: that would create an sbr (short barrel rifle), which requires a $200 tax stamp and special paperwork to be filled out and submitted to the atf. it CAN be done, but will cost you.

They make a cool stock and 16" barrel set for the 1911 handgun, but to use ONLY the stock requires the $200 sbr tax stamp. You MUST have a 16" or longer barrel to use a stock of any kind without the sbr tax stamp.

Squirrel 08-08-2008 08:41 PM

If you pay the tax you can make a short barreled rifle in any state?

Dgunsmith 08-09-2008 02:00 AM

NO.....Federal law says yes but individual stated may prohibit short barreled rifles and or shotguns by State law.

You must be in compliance with both Federal and State Laws !

janikphoto 08-09-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 35374)
If you pay the tax you can make a short barreled rifle in any state?

I was just stating federal laws. Some states ban all sorts of stuff. I can't speak for YOUR state, but they are legal in TX.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.