Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK optics choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default AK optics choices

Im wondering about optics for my near future purchase. Ill want to get accustomed to the iron sights first naturally. My object is quick sight aquisition out to 100 yds. Which would be better a red dot or a reflex? I dont think a conventional scope would be as quick for offhand shooting but would offer a a clear advantage at distance. Im sure quality plays a big part. I probably wont spend much over 100 bucks unless its really worth it. What would bridge the gap for distance and quickness?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Generally speaking "red dots" and such are gonna be 1x sights. They're good to about 50 yards for me.

I like the EOTech style better than the AimPoint style because of faster sight/target acquisition, for me.

I tried a Vortex Strikefire red dot scope on my AK in a LaRue Cantilever mount, just didn't work for me. I went back to iron sights, but may add another EOTech to my collection one day, who knows.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/