AK jams - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

AK jams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
It sounds like a tight chamber. American made ammo (brass) expands more, and quicker, to grip the chamber walls than does the cheap steel cased, laquer-coated cases. As a result of this greater expansion of the brass, extraction is more difficult, particularly if there is any laquer residue on the chamber walls from the steel cased ammo. This can cause "stuck" cases, which is why most American AR manufacturers advise AGAINST the use of steel cased ammo. Additionally, because steel does not expand as much as brass, the bolt face gets pounded with each shot fired. The best solution to keeping your son's interest is to get him an AR-15!!!
That's what he wants!! A local friend of his, a NYS trooper, has one for sale but my son doesn't have MONEY, being a college student!!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:06 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

my wasr 2 does that when it warms up
but i figure that to be the result of the laquer coated evil commie surplus 5.45that i shoot sticking to the chamber wall