AK jams - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK jams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by .22hustler View Post
Ya, he's plain p+ssed off, but I had to remind him that out of the 6 guns he has purchased in the last 10 months, only the AK has been a piece of crap..

That's the problem people when u buy cheap knockoffs and then claim all AK are crap. Romania doesn't have a right to copy Russian gun in the first place. They did't invented, Russians did. Buy Saiga or Verp for your son, and u will see how happy he will be

Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Have you looked into trading it in for another one? A WASR 10 (7.62X39) is still at the bottom end of AK clones, but it will be a reliable shooter.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #13

We got the gun from a very reputable dealer, it's there right now. If he can't get it going, he's going to ship it back.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow555 View Post
That's the problem people when u buy cheap knockoffs and then claim all AK are crap. Romania doesn't have a right to copy Russian gun in the first place. They did't invented, Russians did. Buy Saiga or Verp for your son, and u will see how happy he will be
I didn't claim all AK's are crap..I said this one was.. The reason we bought it I know AK's are a reliable weapons system.I've never seen a bad one; if there were any problems most could be attributed to a bad mag.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3011 Times on 1570 Posts
Likes Given: 288

The key term in this thread is "Century". The monkeys at Century are infamous for taking proven weapon designs and screwing them completely to hell. Before you get frustrated with the AK series, get your money back and buy one from a reputable maker. Century occasionally, accidentally makes a good weapon. Dump the POS.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The key term in this thread is "Century". The monkeys at Century are infamous for taking proven weapon designs and screwing them completely to hell. Before you get frustrated with the AK series, get your money back and buy one from a reputable maker. Century occasionally, accidentally makes a good weapon. Dump the POS.
I think you're 100% correct..We have a Norinco SKS and it's the best thing this side of mashed potatoes. Even with detachable 30rd mags, this thing flys through the ammo.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Honestly, your best bet is to return it to Century and have them send you one that was made when their angry chimp of a gunsmith wasn't drunk.

You could also send it to one of the AK-smiths floating around these days. Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics is back-logged, but he does outstanding work...

Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_sxt View Post
Honestly, your best bet is to return it to Century and have them send you one that was made when their angry chimp of a gunsmith wasn't drunk.

You could also send it to one of the AK-smiths floating around these days. Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics is back-logged, but he does outstanding work...
In my limited experience with firearms, being a US Army armorer, I believe the chamber is too "tight". When we first got the AK, it would only cycle one round before jamming. I used a piece of green scotch-brite pad on a .22 brush and chucked that up with a piece of rod into a drill. Using carb cleaner, I scrubbed the chamber out for about 5 minutes. When we next took the gun out, it dumped all the ammo out of the mags.Fired great. But now we're back to the same old problem. It doesn't like 5.56 american eagle at all, but wolf seems to run through it with a minimum of issues.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:49 AM   #19

Default WASR3 jammer

Greetings,
My WASR3 does the exact same thing. I have cleaned and cleaned the chamber, action, extracter, etc,etc,etc. Doesn't matter what ammunition you use. The empty does not stick in the barrel, as it can easily be pulled out.
My son has a WASR3 that has no problems. We did some experimenting and here is what we found. I traded the gas rod, carriage bolt, from his to mine and found that My gun would fire A OK. It would not leave a shell in the barrel after that, but it did leave the AK kiss on the spent cartridges. When I used My gas tube with his carriage bolt, I had the same problem with leaving the empty in the barrel and racking another round into the back of it. This does not happen every time, but at least 3 to 4 times per 30 rounds. I doubt if it is a gas port problem, as it grabs another shell. I also parted with the crappy Century Mags and replaced them with Weigers. Wow, what a difference in quality. I have ran approximately 275 rounds through it. I also polished the hammer. The gun cycles really smooth. I would be highly interested in what the gunsmith does to cure the problem. Keep me posted.
Thanks, Bud

Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It sounds like a tight chamber. American made ammo (brass) expands more, and quicker, to grip the chamber walls than does the cheap steel cased, laquer-coated cases. As a result of this greater expansion of the brass, extraction is more difficult, particularly if there is any laquer residue on the chamber walls from the steel cased ammo. This can cause "stuck" cases, which is why most American AR manufacturers advise AGAINST the use of steel cased ammo. Additionally, because steel does not expand as much as brass, the bolt face gets pounded with each shot fired. The best solution to keeping your son's interest is to get him an AR-15!!!

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"