AK Files
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

AK Files

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default AK Files

Bought my first AK at the beginning of this week. Registered at the same time for AKfiles forum. Still no moderator approval, can't search, can't post, etc. Is this the norm for them? thx
Registration on this forum was nearly instantaneous and even got a (real)personal message from mod.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #2

Wow, over a week and still no mod approval. Can anyone recommend another AK forum?

Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9482 Times on 5121 Posts
Likes Given: 19653

Some forums lack the service and fan base you have found here. Ask whatever questions you have and you will get answers from this forum. They might be wrong and they might be conflicting, but they will be answers.

Last edited by MisterMcCool; 07-23-2013 at 10:49 PM.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #4

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 2094 Times on 1163 Posts
Likes Given: 6257

Mr. Cool is right. More traffic here.

I found this when doing some research.

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?8-AK-And-SKS-Collector-Discussion-Board&

Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #5

Thx guys, decent link...AKFiles seems to have the most activity. I like to surf through the search function to learn before I start asking dumb questions that have been probably asked a hundred times by others. Bummer is that you can't even search on AKFiles till you get mod approved.
Gun just arrived today (Yugo O-Pap) and I've got it apart, pretty simple so far but I'll follow Mr McCools advice and ask here.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #6

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

There's an AK sub-forum here. You'll probably have more luck there truth be told.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #7

Liked 537 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
Bought my first AK at the beginning of this week. Registered at the same time for AKfiles forum. Still no moderator approval, can't search, can't post, etc. Is this the norm for them? thx
Registration on this forum was nearly instantaneous and even got a (real)personal message from mod.
That's one hell of a lousy forum. If you can relate to Nazi types that take sides with the fanatic Muslims over Israel and are against the US then you'll be very comfortable there. The moderators are up your butt like the gestapo if you disagree with them. I lasted about 3 months before I got banned after arguing with several dirt bags. By the way, if you're a cop or retired cop you're considered a spy for the govt and sh^t in their eyes. Being from NY they said I was working for the Jews. They're a real bunch of sweethearts. Check out real careful their threads. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts

I would also check out stuff here first or the forums over at Saiga12 .com. Those guys are cool too.

Cracker7

Old 09-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #9

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts

I know this is a bit older of a message but I just tried to register there to get some possible parts for a WASR. I received a message from the mod saying my registration did not meet their requirements. LOL I was banned before I was even in. I did not know it was some Islam bull crap place. Glad I did not make it in.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #10

Liked 537 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 260

You can pretty much find out most information needed right here on this forum. The mods here do a very good job and keep the threads civilized without busting in on so many discussions where the nazis are criticized and acting like the gestapo on the AKFiles. Anger is that forum's middle name and information is available elsewhere. Start your own thread here regarding AK info and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly pleased with the information obtained.

Here's a nice Mitchell Arms pre-ban M70 Yugo AK bought in 1988. This AK is supposed to be one of only 400 folders that were imported prior to the 1989 ban. It's kept in Pa. where I do most of my shooting since I have family and friends there.

I was fortunate to have been able to acquire the original military scope mount that fits on the side rail. It took me one year to locate it, but I knew it would be a necessity that might not be found later on. I've never seen one of these mounts for sale since the '89 ban. The scope is an FED 1.5-4.5 Russian mfg. in 1995 found in a Ukrainian warehouse. I purchased it from Kalinka Optics. I'm extremely happy using this scope and it was a very reasonable price. The mag is a 20rd Chinese Type63 that has a bolt hold open and is the right size for bench shooting.

AK Files - AK & SKS Discussion
AK Files - AK & SKS Discussion

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 09-12-2014 at 09:09 AM.