AK Feedin Problem

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK Feedin Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AK Feedin Problem

I am having a feeding problem with my AK. I have a Roma WASR10. Sometimes it feeds fine then other times it gets jammed up. I have taken it down, gave it a good cleaning, checked for broken parts and nothing found. it is also happening with differnt mags both steel and plastic. I am also using wolf ammo.

Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default AK Feeding problem!

Hello SSG/ALL

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

OK, I get the general "Gyst" of the problem, both mags tested, feeding not different, cleaning, no effect, is this with different ammo? You might want to try fresh ammo from a different box and or Lot and try different bullet types, I.E. FJM, H.P. and so forth? When the two different mags lock in, does the lock up seem Normal? That in, the mag rocks back and solidly locks in place? Any Movement side to side about normal? All this matters as you might still want to try a different mag, what might have gone wrong might have buggered up the two mags? Not seen that, but it's been known to happen in other self-loading rifles! I'm sure I'm covering gone over ground, but does thier seem to be any difference in appearence inthe magazine well? That is, is the area smooth and clean? Does it show any Burs or more importantly Gouges? All these are signs that something affected the magzine lock up area and feed path? What sort of Jam do you get? Does it batter the rounds into the top of the reciever body at the top, Botom or side? Seen a damaged feed area once in an M-1 carbine do that, never in an SKS or AK, but never say never? With all that tested if it's still doing it, might be time to take to a Good Gunsmith? Lord knows we don't have any here, but hopefully you will find out whats wrong yourself and not need one?

Please keep us updated and what you have tried and what you have found? This one seems like a hard one? Time will tell? Get back to us after you've tried a few more thing, OK? We care about you and the problem and hopefully we can sudguest some cure for the AK ills?

Old 03-25-2008, 12:29 AM   #3

well what kind of feed probs exactly

no shell extraction

fails to fully load next round

feed problems could be a lot of things

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 03-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #4

Today i ried some different things that were suggested from the other forum i belong to and the problem is fixed. thanks for the help

Old 03-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperranger93 View Post
Today i ried some different things that were suggested from the other forum i belong to and the problem is fixed. thanks for the help
What was the problem???

Tom :D

Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ak Feed Pronlem?

Hello all/ Responce to Sniperanger93

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

Yes, indeed, please let us know what you did to fix the problem, and as well, what it was? Your responce raises more questions than it anwsers?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #7

all i did was completely took it apart again cleaned everything using a carbon cleaner, took off the gas tube and really cleaned that out good, then put it all back togeather again, sprayed the bolt group with CLP and worked it a few times, then i loaded sveral mags, some with the Wolf ammo i have been using and some with some Wolf Military classic ammo. I rapid fired about 200 rounds thru it without a malfuntion. So what was the exact problem? I am not real sure but i think it was the gas tube problem. So lesson learned AK's can act up but it is usually operator error in cleaning and not the AK itself.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Speaking of cleaning the gas tube (which I do), is there any need to clean the smaller part of the barrel that connects to the gas tube? And if so, what would one use? \