Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Ak Experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Ak Experience

His may have already been asked about but if so I missed it. I was looking at Ak's thinking of picking a second one up and came across this M10.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1103.aspx
Does anyone have experience w/ this AK model?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Yes, I have one exactly like this (only difference is that I bought through Classic Arms not Atlantic)...
You can use this link & go about 1/2 way down the page to see their offering: http://classicarms.us/semi-auto%20rifles.htm

Anyway, I have between 900 & 1000 rounds through mine so far. Has performed flawlessly never a misfeed. More accurate than I expected too. My 15 year old son detonated a small 1/2lb canister of Tannerite at 100yds with ease last weekend at the range.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the feedback great looking rifle btw. That website is awesome I'm glad you shared it.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

I'm surprised the AK had the oomph to detonate the tannerite... My sks did not detonate my bucket so much as simply made a mess of the powder... My .243 on the other hand... BOOM!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werminator View Post
I'm surprised the AK had the oomph to detonate the tannerite... My sks did not detonate my bucket so much as simply made a mess of the powder... My .243 on the other hand... BOOM!!!!!!!!!
The directions on the tannerite said that the bullet has to have velocity at 2000 fps or greater. The 7.62 ak round comes in at around 2100 fps.
We also had a .243 with us too and one of my sons friends tried to detonate his cannister with that (3 boys and each had 1 cannister to shoot) but he kept missing as the gun was his (the .243 was not my firearm) and not sighted in correctly. He wound up winging or knicking his cannister with the .243 and some of the tannerite leaked out. He then hit the cannister dead on with a later shot but it only produced a partial explosion (but this was due to some of the tannerite leaking out - not the .243 projectile - which I know is much faster than the AK round).

But anyway, the AK did detonate the tannerite with ease!