Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK accuracy from a moving boat.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
"We're sorry! This video is not available in your country."

Hell I should be used to things "Not being available in my country" by now huh lol
That's just messed up Z.

Do you still have an "off" button on your TV? Have you located all of the cameras? That is spooky.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:10 AM   #12

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

You cant even watch a clip from a TV show?

That is Orwell 1984 spooky.

Just remember buddy- 2+2=4!

JonM-its not really about the show-its about the gun.Lets just forget the 'Somali pirate' crap-thats just hype.
I'm quite positive that the great majority of people wielding AKs in the third world suffer illiteracy,poor eyesight,and lack of training in the extreme.
But don't underestimate a potential enemy because there may always be an exception to the rule,is all I'm saying.The moment you think your facing drugged up,shanghaied,myopic spray and prayers and think its safe to stick your head up-might be the moment you get your ticket punched by the one guy in the group that is the exception to the rule.

Like perhaps this guy-but like I said,I dont know who he is.For all I know hes a first gen Somalian-American whos been trained by our military to shoot like that.

Lets just watch the results of what that AK is doing when its being used the way it was meant to be used,by someone who is obviously able to see his target and knows how to shoot better than alot of people I've been next to at the state outdoor rifle range I often shoot at......

And your absolutely right-that show has had some pretty disappointing moments,the recent Nazi SS vs. Viet Cong comparison nearly cost it my viewer-ship because I was really looking forward to seeing the AK being compared to the StG44.
The MP40 wasnt even there......

But as a whole,I could agree that the 'testing' is pretty random stuff-now if they REALLY wanted to impress me,they could start shooting all the guns they have into those anatomically correct gelatin human torsos.
I've seen alot of bare and 'clothed' -and even some 'barrier'- ballistic gel tests where the terminal performance of a load/projectile is judged by a gel block-but never have I seen such a realistic simulation of a human torso.
I'd love to see what bullets would do when tested in such a medium-which I'm sure you'd agree simulates 'the real thing' alot closer than a empty block of gelatin.
They start doing that with all the calibers/weapons they play with,and maybe also shoot them all into those pigs-for every single gun-and then I'll really take serious notice of the show.
Till then,its mostly just entertainment-with a few notable exceptions like this clip,which goes beyond entertainment and shows you what an AK can do in the right hands.

I also really enjoyed watching Sonny Puzikas do his thing with the Makarov pistol,and on the same episode-watching the difference in tactics between American soldiers and Russian ones-as demonstrated by actual professionals.
It was a real eye-opener,and a learning experience.
Having actual professionals like that and an actual ER trauma doctor gives the show just a bit more credibility than mere entertainment in some episodes.

Of course,in the end-it all comes down to a computer simulation,but without the hype of a "face off",there wouldnt be a show that we get to watch BARs,Tommy guns,ballistic knives and other fun stuff like nail bombs get used by people like Sonny.

Its pretty good entertainment.And sometimes it even has the bonus of being informative.Sometimes.

Of course-thats totally IMHO,and of course-YMMV.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-04-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #13

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
the somali pirates dont really strike me as deadly warriors.. more like point the rifle in the general area an hold the trigger ubtil it stops. i found the video amusing using a trained rifleman to simulate the skill level of an untrained thug.
Anyone spending the time they do doing the things they do are a little more than a street thug. They've stacked a lot of bodies...No, they are not some elite trained unit on most occasions. But many are taught to use their weapon just like those critters in the sand.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That's just messed up Z.

Do you still have an "off" button on your TV? Have you located all of the cameras? That is spooky.

Dunno, orange. Maybe our wonderful "Great-Firewall-Of-Australia-Net-Filter" is kicking in a bit earlier than promised...after all, AKs (and other assorted semi-autos) are the very personification of evil in the world today, huh

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 06-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #15

I disagree that a mere inanimate tool should bear the burden of the 'personification of evil'.Rather,I believe that should be reserved for 'persons who represent evil'.

Like these clowns-

I dont care what weapons they use,from homemade suicide bombs to whatever rifle to the subtle but just as possibly deadly art of politics-these scum represent the personification of evil far more than any inanimate object.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-04-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Dunno, orange. Maybe our wonderful "Great-Firewall-Of-Australia-Net-Filter" is kicking in a bit earlier than promised...after all, AKs (and other assorted semi-autos) are the very personification of evil in the world today, huh
Z, you better check out that thread about a more "private" firearmstalk, in case this site gets blocked down there.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
I disagree that a mere inanimate tool should bear the burden of the 'personification of evil'.Rather,I believe that should be reserved for 'persons who represent evil'.

Like these clowns-

I dont care what weapons they use,from homemade suicide bombs to whatever rifle to the subtle but just as possibly deadly art of politics-these scum represent the personification of evil far more than any inanimate object.

Couldn't agree more!

Unfortunately our dear leaders have this peculiar idea that certain firearms are indeed intrisically 'evil' and must be banned lest their evil scourge society

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Z, you better check out that thread about a more "private" firearmstalk, in case this site gets blocked down there.

Already bookmarked, orange! No one knows what's going to be on the net 'blacklist' atm...which is going to be secret anyway. Unless Wikileaks distribute it again, like they did with the hacked 'trial run' list lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Blame the thugs, not the gun. Did think it was a weird "Deadliest Warrior" topic. They must be running outta ideas.

I enjoyed watching the AK. Love me some AKs.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #19

The 'Deadliest Warrior' show is probably about 90% or more entertainment hype,10% or less actual science.
Thats a better percentage than alot of shows on so called informational and educational channels.......

They COULD change it up a bit and do better testing,but in the end-its all about the hype of a 'show down',and I seriously doubt,given the average double digit intelligence quotient of most people,that a show full of repetitive ballistics tests would be in its second season like this show is.
For us,perhaps-getting to see each and every projectile weapon tested evenly and consistently with those awesome gel torsos and the pig corpses,with an expert evaluation by that ER doc they have,would captivate our attention entirely-but it would quickly be a very limited viewer-ship.

Its all about the ratings.

All about the hype.

And man am I so sick of the hype.......

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I'm with you Josh. That's why I'm gonna focus on my hobbies (gun related of course) and basically forget TV, except football, fighting and gun shows, obviously.

I wonder what the origin of that was. Seemed to be a damn fine weapon.