AK accuracy from a moving boat.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > AK accuracy from a moving boat.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default AK accuracy from a moving boat.

http://www.spike.com/video/drive-by-somali/3400539
This is an excerpt from Spikes show 'Deadliest Warrior',this will be next Tuesday's episode-"Medellin Cartel vs. Somali Pirates".

The shooter demonstrated excellent trigger/fire control,using aimed short bursts-and from a moving,rocking,and unsteady platform-THIS is what you can do with an AK if you know how to handle it well.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-02-2010 at 02:29 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing, kinda just shows that extreme accuracy is not needed to be effective on the battlefield. I can make hits with my AK at 150-250 yard ranges, which is fine for what i use them for, HD,SHTF scenarios, plinking...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 06-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

That's what's magical about the AK. It may not print well on paper, but you can sure hit stuff with it.

One of my favorite AK drills is to throw several chunks of lumber/scrap out on the range from 50-100 yds and blast them into nothing. Good times!

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #4

AKs are assault rifles.
Assault rifles can be loosely defined as long range sub-guns.

Within the proscribed ranges,if used properly,they are absolutely deadly.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

the somali pirates dont really strike me as deadly warriors.. more like point the rifle in the general area an hold the trigger ubtil it stops. i found the video amusing using a trained rifleman to simulate the skill level of an untrained thug.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #6

Yeah I knew someone would say that.
I dont necessarily agree with the shows choices regarding who is or who is not a 'deadly warrior' nor do I know who exactly this guy putting on the demonstration is.

Sometimes,the show disappoints me seriously,calling mob and yakuza thugs 'warriors' and such-but to say that all 100% of thugs are untrained and cannot shoot and cannot fight is severely underestimating a potential enemy.

Some of the most prolific criminals in American history were in fact military trained combat veterans-the James Gang for example.

Thinking that the criminals from the prohibition were poor shots would have gotten you killed stone dead,as those folks were intimate with and knew how to use weapons as powerful as the Thompson SMG and the BAR.

I've recently seen video of,unfortunately,a Marine trained gangbanger that served in Iraq with a modified SKS firing FA from detachable mags who ambushed and killed several cops using military combat tactics.It was on a show about the rising problem of gangs and gang members in the US military.

Underestimation of an opponent is a very grave mistake.

But-this is just a TV show,and I thought this was an excellent demonstration of the AK's use in the right hands.The guy -whoever he is- can shoot.

If he is anywhere near representative of even a small minority of shooters in Somalia-we might have some real trouble in the future on the high seas in that region.

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-03-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

We are talkin' Somali's here; he should've been required to drink a dozen cups of high-test coffee beforehand to simulate the effect of that crap they chew, Khat. Khat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A college buddy's friend had much to say about some time he spent in Somalia with the USMC & how much he felt that drug impacted the situation. He indicated that by the afternoon, prettymuch everyone was chewing the stuff & carrying a gun. From people i've talked to who have direct experience with it, the stuff tastes horrible and must appeal only to the most desperate.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #8

Well maybe this guy is representative of what they can do when clean and sober?

Once again,I don't know who he is or what his history entails.

But I do know that underestimation of your enemy is right up there with assumption in being the mother of all f$%k ups.

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
Yeah I knew someone would say that.
I dont necessarily agree with the shows choices regarding who is or who is not a 'deadly warrior' nor do I know who exactly this guy putting on the demonstration is.

Sometimes,the show disappoints me seriously,calling mob and yakuza thugs 'warriors' and such-but to say that all 100% of thugs are untrained and cannot shoot and cannot fight is severely underestimating a potential enemy.

Some of the most prolific criminals in American history were in fact military trained combat veterans-the James Gang for example.

Thinking that the criminals from the prohibition were poor shots would have gotten you killed stone dead,as those folks were intimate with and knew how to use weapons as powerful as the Thompson SMG and the BAR.

I've recently seen video of,unfortunately,a Marine trained gangbanger that served in Iraq with a modified SKS firing FA from detachable mags who ambushed and killed several cops using military combat tactics.It was on a show about the rising problem of gangs and gang members in the US military.

Underestimation of an opponent is a very grave mistake.

But-this is just a TV show,and I thought this was an excellent demonstration of the AK's use in the right hands.The guy -whoever he is- can shoot.

If he is anywhere near representative of even a small minority of shooters in Somalia-we might have some real trouble in the future on the high seas in that region.
well my point was that the guy in the video can hardly be representative of the majority of somali pirates. most of them are teenagers or young adults who are given a rifle and told to go hijack ships. this also doesnt mean there arent a few that do have the ability to shoot or the ones doing the shooting if inexperienced cannot get lucky. my beef was their representation of that person's individual skill was portrayed as the standard.

but that is a pretty sorry show overall. most of the comparison test are pretty hokey.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

"We're sorry! This video is not available in your country."

Hell I should be used to things "Not being available in my country" by now huh lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D