Aiming an AK....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Aiming an AK....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Aiming an AK....

i just got my AK a couple weeks ago and havent shot it yet. and ive kinda messed with it and realized it doesnt have much of a cheek rest. im used to shooting an m4 and other rifles with a good spot for your cheek. i have a red dot sight on my AK and when i go to aim i pretty much have to lift my head to put the red dot at a reasonable spot on the glass. any pointers as to where i should put my face in relation to the sights? i havent shot AKs a whole lot and im just kinda lookin for a couple pointers in this area. i know they arent he most accurate weapons in the world, i just want consistency.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1197 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 497

The standard furniture on AK's does not fit me, I have to put my cheek bone on the stock to align the sights.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #3

ive got the standard wooden furniture on it right now and lining up the iron sights isnt too bad. its the red dot sight that kinda gets me. but i also plan on changing the stock to either a folding stock or adjustable stock and im thinking the adjustable stock is gonna suit me better.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

To aim mine I have to have the stock high on my shoulder and cheek on the stock.
Put a green dot on it tonight, will beat the hell out of the impossible to see front sight on these.

2011-08-05_18-59-16_171.jpg  

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #5

yea ive got a red dot sight on it. i guess i just have to run some rounds through it to see how things go...