Advice on Lancaster arms - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Advice on Lancaster arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

thanks man, Lancaster wont be getting any of my money...

Old 08-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

The video is pretty jumpy, but it appears the rear rivet failed. It just needs to be re-riveted. I have a Lancaster built Polish underfolder that works like a champ. It is not clear what caused the rivet failure. 10,000 continuous rounds? Shok Buffer? (these are a very bad idea) Bad rivet?. Did the gun come that way from Lancaster. Was it abused? The video does not tell me much. I have seen Colt AR's fail (ammo problem, not Colt's fault). I have Ruger P-85's simply drop their slides (I have no idea why). A firearm is a mechanical device that can fail, wear out or be built badly.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Believe me. . . there is nothing more I want than for Lancaster to be a reliable source for quality AKs. I think they have a lot of potential for an economical custom-ish option in the AK world.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

i just got my weapon from lancaster arms. it took 8 months and really the only thing that i was lied to about was the time it would really take to get my weapon to me. i have to say though the weapon its self is grade A and the price alittle high for how long it took but it was worth it. Even the guys at my gun store said that it was one of the nicest AK that they have seen in a long time all very good gunsmiths too. that was a hugh reliff after waiting eight months. then went to the range and fired 120 rounds with all the targets about the size of dinner plates. the last of my 3 shot groups was less than half an inch away. i got a milled underfold 7.62x39 and it was worth the money but wasnt happy about the time it took. i think that lancaster biggest problem is they are a smaller operation than they want to say they are. therefore it takes longer. not to protect them to much my paticents were running pretty thin as well. i hope they are getting it together cuz it is a nice weapon. better than two CIA

Old 09-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
Somehow it did pass muster. Those are REAL picks of a Russian Red Lancaster made gun.
failed to show the part where it says " LANCASTER ARMS "
GOODYEAR AZ

and my russian red looks nothing like that one.. is it an older one?

and the weapon in the video? stamped or milled? just wondering.. as well with the factory stamp?

no one has posted on this in a while..

Last edited by pranc2; 09-23-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: add info

Old 01-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #26

Lancaster Arms is an awful company, and Chet Durda is an incompetent swindler. I ordered several guns from them in 2009. After three years of drama, including returns of faulty product, the company never delivered and screwed me out of about two grand. Scum-bag Chet, the owner promised he'd pay back the money - never did.

Chet is a phony assh*le. I am graduate-level engineer and design machines for a living. He is one of these assh*les that claims to be an engineer. One of these assh*les that thinks he's some kinda genius. BUT, he can't figure out how to assemble a bloc-era firearm designed to be assembled by a communist slave-child that lives off of inner-party scraps.

Piss on Lancaster! Peanut-corn sh*t in Chet's mouth. That company is awful and will steal your money. Don't ever deal with them.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #27

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Let me be the first to say welcome to the forum! Stop on by the introduction section when you get a chance and let us know a little bit about yourself!

ROFL