Advice on Lancaster arms - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Advice on Lancaster arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 02:51 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post

It's too bad Lancaster wouldn't just put out a new gun and use the other one for parts. That I don't quite understand. What problems does the weapon currently have?
The gun functions, but for $600? Hardly a show piece. Had I been the company peddling that turd, I would have gave him a hand picked gun with extras for his trouble and my shame. They did not.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:50 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
The gun functions, but for $600? Hardly a show piece. Had I been the company peddling that turd, I would have gave him a hand picked gun with extras for his trouble and my shame. They did not.
I hear ya. It's just a matter or the whole "Take Pride in Your Work, Boy!" Philosophy that a lot of us were raised upon. Oh well, there are plenty of folks out there willing to build you a quality AK.

Have even more fun. . . do it yourself!

Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #13

Damn, looks like Lancaster has some bigger problems.

They can't do nothing right.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #14

The AK Files Forums - Lancaster AK74 Major Malfunction Live Fire

It does seem that lancaster QC and CS has gone downhill in a big way.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Seems to be so. . . It's too bad when a potentially good, fairly small American company self destructs like that. They controlled their own destiny and they failed. They had a good customer base, good (decent) reviews and all at a price lower than similar competition.

I'll just stick to my CAI builds and modify them to my liking. The next one will have a re-barreling project included in the customization process.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #16

My last was a SAIGA .223. Straight and ready to convert myself into an AK config of my choosing.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 AM   #17

I find that unusual, Lancaster produces the top tier of AK's, I would venture to say the best "mass" distributor. From pictures I believe that rifle did not pass muster somehow, I know the owner personally, that would not pass his inspection standards.
PS I do not sell Lancaster Arms AK's

Old 03-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #18

With regards to Milled Vs Stamped, Most people consider the milled "sturdier", however the Russians don't care for it and I'll share why, if you have an opportunity to watch very slow motion video from certain angles you can actually see the receiver flex in a wringing out a rag fashion, stamping allows this action where as milled theoretically is absorbing these stresses internally in the metal and stock, some speculate that the torquing allows it to be more accurate, less likely to break, and absorbing some minute amount of recoil. I could buy this debate, but the ultimate test is: all the countries out there and one was responsible for the milled. This is a fire-filled debate among some groups, I am not familiar with any other advantage specifically called in these debates. (BTW The other side says the flip/flop argument)

Old 03-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by efaz1 View Post
I find that unusual, Lancaster produces the top tier of AK's, I would venture to say the best "mass" distributor. From pictures I believe that rifle did not pass muster somehow, I know the owner personally, that would not pass his inspection standards.
PS I do not sell Lancaster Arms AK's
Somehow it did pass muster. Those are REAL picks of a Russian Red Lancaster made gun.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #20

Sad...and what surprises me more is the fact that he didn't replace it, might have been having a bad day or something, I actually sell across the isle from Lancaster at the crossroads of the west gun show, and I don't ever recall hearing anything remotely like this story....not doubting, but merely pointing out it is not standard business, I feel sorry for the owner though. Hopefully any remaining are not serious.