Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Adjustable Trigger Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Adjustable Trigger Kits

If any of you have seen these adjustable trigger kits for AK variants I HIGHLY recommend getting one. After I played with the adjustments for a couple hours it feels like a totally different gun. I know alot of people buy AKs just to pray-n-spray rounds at close up targets but if anyone is looking to improve the feel of the gun, try this out. If your willing to do some filing and grinding on your safety selector then you can really make this a hair trigger.

Here is some pics for you guys.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been thinking of getting an AK trigger system for mine that converts it to a two stage trigger and has all the adjustments. I bet you can bump fire the hell out of that thing if you tune it right.
Which kit are you using exactly and where'd you get it?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #3

This one is a Red Star Arms kit. And you can adjust it for either single stage or two stage. I haven't bump fired with it but the disconnector is completely adjustable and I'm not gonna lie I tightened it down to were it was barely catching and had 5 rounds slam fire thru it. Granted that was exciting but I dont wanna wear out an expensive trigger kit let alone break federal laws so I definitely didn't leave it that way.

I think Power Custom makes basically the same kit.

Last edited by AK-47; 04-08-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #4

I actually bought mine from Colorado Shooting sports in Greeley CO for about 90 dollars but now have been finding them cheaper on the internet for as low as 65. Should have shopped around

Old 04-09-2010, 02:40 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That's pretty cool. A good trigger is always a good addition to any firearm, I know the factory trigger in my Ak is crap and the single stage doesnt help my accuracy.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #6

Its almost hard to even think of any AK as having a "good" trigger but after grinding down the safety selector so I could adjust the pre-travel to about 1/8 of an inch I would compare the feel of it to any decent quality AR trigger. Fitting the safety is the most time consuming part since you have to adjust the trigger to were you like it and then grind on the safety not just to make it function but just to get it to move past the new trigger and back into place in the gun. It's totally worth the effort though and I did mine with a hand file so it may have been more time consuming but I think it turned out better than if I had dremelled it.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
I know alot of people buy AKs just to pray-n-spray rounds at close up targets
I sure hope not. I've been shooting AKs with many others for over a decade and the phrase "spray and pray" was something I never heard about until recent years. We would never accept anything other that "good enough" accuracy with any of our guns. No praying involved.

Nothing wrong with a good trigger though. One of my factory AKs has a trigger that might be a little too light. Anything that makes you shoot better is an asset, but keep in mind the trigger on an AK is about #3 (or 4) on the list of accurizing modifications available. Certainly one of the easiest though. . .