Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > 922r as it relates to my MISR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 6

Default 922r as it relates to my MISR

Hello all,

I just purchased a Maadi AK-47 at my local gun store yesterday.

I was talking about it on another board and someone mention 922R compliance.

Can someone that has knowledge on this help me out?

As shown, does it look like I am ok?

What if I add a 30 round mag?

Any help or similar experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

You might have better luck asking this in the ak/sks thread. I dont know much, just what a google search will give ya. I know that if you change anything on the gun it cant have more then 10 imported parts when you reassemble it.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

How many parts have "US" on them?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #4

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I had to be careful of 922 on my Benelli M4 to put a 7 rd tube on it. I also have a Maadi and it has been changed to be compliant. Imported guns can't have high cap fixed magazines or folding stocks. Add a few US made parts and it is no longer an import.
I replaced the grips, mag tube, follower, and bolt handle on my M4. I replaced the bolt, gas piston, trigger, and hammer on my Maadi. None of my replacement parts say made in the USA. It would be nice. It is unnecessary.
I am not an expert on exactly how many parts need to be changed. A quick Internet search should yield what you are looking for as many people have added US made parts.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #5

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Why not answer my question in the other thread - or here. I told you which US parts usually are changed for 922r compliance and asked what you had. You must dertermine that, we can't tell from that picture.

Again, I believe there must be six US parts: trigger, hammer, disconector, piston, pistol grip and muzzle device. If you have a welded muzzle nut, you may only need five. As usual, find out for sure, I'm just going from memory.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

navysully Likes This 
Old 07-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Why not answer my question in the other thread - or here. I told you which US parts usually are changed for 922r compliance and asked what you had. You must dertermine that, we can't tell from that picture.

Again, I believe there must be six US parts: trigger, hammer, disconector, piston, pistol grip and muzzle device. If you have a welded muzzle nut, you may only need five. As usual, find out for sure, I'm just going from memory.
The magazine counts as three also, a trigger group swap and some US mags will do the trick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #7

Aw man, I mentioned US mags in his other thread but forgot them here! Thanks for pointing that out, Sputnik. Yeah get the Tapco trigger group OP, and now you just need 2 or 3 more, depending on your muzzle nut and what you already have. I'd go to the consignment shop and find out. Or break the rifle down and look for US on the parts mentioned.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #8

Hey guys.

Thanks for the help so far, although I am not afraid I know exactly what I am looking for as of yet, so here are some photos. Any idea if anything here is US made?

On the muzzle, It looks threaded, but I don't know how to remove it. Any experience with that? Should i have the trigger group and muzzle replaced? I bought 3x 30 round US magazines: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1246.aspx

Any further help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #9

Hmmm, it's hard to tell about that muzzle. I was expecting a welded nut over the threads but that could be a cap screwed on. Probably best to leave it alone until someone who knows the Maadi well chimes in.

US parts should say they're made in the US. I've heard that a US piston doesn't rock back and forth slightly on the bolt carrier while the originals pivot slightly on a pin. Don't know if that applies to the Maadi though.

Do you see Tapco or G2 on the trigger? Anyway, I'm just generalizing so hopefully someone else will be along who knows for sure. Do you know when the rifle was imported? Since there's no slant brake it may have come here during the AWB. Any chance of help from the seller or gun shop?

______

Old 07-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Hmmm, it's hard to tell about that muzzle. I was expecting a welded nut over the threads but that could be a cap screwed on. Probably best to leave it alone until someone who knows the Maadi well chimes in.

US parts should say they're made in the US. I've heard that a US piston doesn't rock back and forth slightly on the bolt carrier while the originals pivot slightly on a pin. Don't know if that applies to the Maadi though.

Do you see Tapco or G2 on the trigger? Anyway, I'm just generalizing so hopefully someone else will be along who knows for sure. Do you know when the rifle was imported? Since there's no slant brake it may have come here during the AWB. Any chance of help from the seller or gun shop?
Yeah, no real stamps on anything.

AM I illegal if I just throw a 30 round mag in there? :/

If so, what can I do to get legal?