Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > 922r compliance question for Saiga 7.62x39

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default 922r compliance question for Saiga 7.62x39

I have finished with all my reasearch and the Saiga ak varient seems like the one for me. Of course, Im going to want hi cap mags and want a pistol grip. I have no problem using the us made surefire mags and have no desire to move the trigger group forward. Ill prob get the intrafuse t6 collaplable stock or an other price comprable, us made one. SO if I a us made stock w/ pistol grip and us made hi cap mags does that mean Ill only have to replace one or two foriegn parts on a saiga rifle? I think they only have 11 foriegn parts right out of the box. I just have to make sure the gun has no more than 10 foriegn parts to keep it legal, right?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I think you don't have to comply with 922r unless you convert it. If you do then you have to have the US made parts. I am not completely sure, but if you want check out Saiga 12 forum. Not trying to plug another site, but that site is for nothing but the AK based guns and the 922r and NFA stuff. Besides that site is what lead me here.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #3

Take a look at the Saiga model with the Dragonov butt stock. Seriously the stock is almost identical to the ones the Russians put on thier SVD Sniper rifles and they have a rotating cheek piece so if you want open sights or a scope it will accomodate both. And we are talking the real honest to God SVD not the so-called AK knock-offs. It is a pistol grip and reminiscent of the old pistol grip MAK 90's produced during the ban but were never designed to comply with our countries ban; they were designed to be practical. If you can not find the Saiga version with the SVD butt stock installed RAA will sell you one as an accessory.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default have you done this?

Thats a cool option without having to declare it a "pistol grip". I assume it costs something, do any of you know how much?
Another question::: If I use hi cap US mags and install a tapco collapsable stock, how many parts so I have to swap out on a Saiga 7.62x39? Cant seem to find any info on doing exactly this.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #5

A normal semi auto AK has 16 parts but a Saiga starts with 14(no muzzle device or pistol grip).

If you add a pistol grip or a mag with a capacity of more then 10 rounds it will have to be 922r compliant

You can replace the FCG (3 parts) and use a US made mags (3 parts) and be way 922r compliant.

To use 20 or 30 round mags you'll have to install a bullet guide which doesn’t count.

I don’t know why wouldn’t want to move the trigger forward? It's not that hard and it will really make the rifle feel more like a traditional AK

Old 01-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #6

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Boba Debt, is this one in the same from Saiga 12?

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

"I don’t know why wouldn’t want to move the trigger forward? It's not that hard and it will really make the rifle feel more like a traditional AK[/QUOTE"

Call me weird, but I like the moved up mag. Kinda reminds me of a russian mini thirty.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default 14 parts-4 parts=10parts right?

Usin a USA hi cap mag(3parts) and collaplable pistolgrip stock (1part) would this mean that by just doing this I am in compliance? Or do I NEED to replace one or two more?