Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   7.62x39 supply (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/7-62x39-supply-104711/)

wjjd57 03-04-2014 10:31 AM

7.62x39 supply

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts how the Russian invasion of Ukraine & the pending US sanctions might effect the supply of Russian 7.62x39 ammo? Am I being paranoid to think all the Tula & Wolf could dry up? Considering stocking up but I don't want to be the panic buy guy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Gatoragn 03-04-2014 11:04 AM

If I knew where there was some Wolf or Tula ammo at a reasonable price, I would buy some.

rn-cindy 03-04-2014 11:26 AM

I wouldn't be too concerned about that..Putin just wants the Crimea region (where his Naval base is located). And he does not care what our community organizer has to say about it....Probably told Barry to pipe down, and go make him a sandwich. We might cancel a summit, or threaten to kick him out of the wine and cheese club for a while...But a month from now, the whole thing will be out of the news cycle, and forgotten.....

c3shooter 03-04-2014 01:15 PM

You might want to look up the term "Economic Sanctions" that Kerry has been throwing around. Then go buy some ammo.

You really think Barry would miss a chance to give Putin stink-eye, and bash gun owners at the same time? Hah! A twofer!

rn-cindy 03-04-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1521792)
You might want to look up the term "Economic Sanctions" that Kerry has been throwing around. Then go buy some ammo.

You really think Barry would miss a chance to give Putin stink-eye, and bash gun owners at the same time? Hah! A twofer!

LOL.......Nobody's going to do anything...just talk. Problem is, a large percentage of Ukranians are in favor of Putins actions, not something we want to get involved in. the opposition is mostly muslim. Putin does not coddle them like we do...he will just roll them off into the sea...

Mongo 03-04-2014 02:02 PM

"Panic buy guy"?

c3shooter 03-04-2014 02:43 PM

No- panic ammo buy (for them what ain't already stocked up)

ratpacker 03-04-2014 02:52 PM

Rn Cindy... your suppositions, are mythological.
Where are you getting your facts? Ukres favoring Putin by large % ...
Muslims are the main opposition... hogwash.
Come up with your resourses........cause little of those statements is fact.

rn-cindy 03-04-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratpacker (Post 1521846)
Rn Cindy... your suppositions, are mythological.
Where are you getting your facts? Ukres favoring Putin by large % ...
Muslims are the main opposition... hogwash.
Come up with your resourses........cause little of those statements is fact.

I just watch the news CBS, Scott Pelly, 6:00 PM EST. But you also have to apply what you already know, and read between the lines a little bit.

rn-cindy 03-04-2014 03:18 PM

80% of the population on the Crimean Peninsula are pro Russia, 70% of the population East of the Dnieper River are pro Russia. Putin says his troops are there to protect those folks. We all know thats a lie...But it's just conceivable enough to smooth the whole thing over...But YES...if your SKS eats like mine does...you might as well stock up...:)