Oklahoma Oklahoma German Shepherd Mix (Free)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > FirearmsTalk Classifieds > Non Firearms Classifieds > Oklahoma Oklahoma German Shepherd Mix (Free)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default Oklahoma German Shepherd Mix (Free)

We have to give away our German Shepherd Mix. If you are interested, and are in Oklahoma (or within a reasonable drive of Oklahoma City) please contact me. Here is the text of the craigslist ad. I am taking contact info out of it:

We are giving away our dog. Her name is Tiger Lily (we just call her Lily). She is approximately two and a half years old. She is a German Shepherd mix (mixed with what, we aren't sure, although we suspect Greyhound).

She is a very sweet and loving girl. Loves giving kisses and cuddling. She is house broken and fixed, and excellent with other dogs. She is very playful and never too aggressive.

The reason we have to give her away is because she has a bad tendency of running off if you don't have her on a leash. We have not been able to break her of this habit. She always comes back after a few minutes, so we think she is just trying to get more exercise. Unfortunately our neighbors don't take kindly to her running around on her own.

I don't want her habit of running off to overshadow the fact that she is a wonderful dog. She is part of our family, but unfortunately we cannot handle her right now. Also, we will be moving across country in a few months and we don't anticipate to have enough land for her to really be happy.

She is microchipped and she has had some shots. Unfortunately, our shot records were packed up when we moved from California, and we cannot access them until we get to North Carolina. We will send you all the record of her that we have after we are in North Carolina.

As you can see by some of the pictures, she doesn't mind babies or large dogs (Great Dane) sitting and crawling all over her.

Thank you.

lily-2.jpg   lily-1.jpg   lily-3.jpg   lily-4.jpg   lily-5.jpg  

Always have clean socks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2014, 12:54 AM   #2

Liked 314 Times on 221 Posts

Damn, I feel for you guys. I am not in OK, but am in NC. I'll run this by the boss, AKA Mrs CardiacColt, and see what she thinks. We have 2 small dogs now, and youngest daughter would practically kill for a good large dog. Either way I wish Lily good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 02-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #3
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3166 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

JW, I know I'm too far away from you, and I have more then a Handful with GATOR(who needs the security of being an only Dog) but if you need advice and assistance, please let me know, as I know Plenty of folks in the Rescue Community....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
Damn, I feel for you guys. I am not in OK, but am in NC. I'll run this by the boss, AKA Mrs CardiacColt, and see what she thinks. We have 2 small dogs now, and youngest daughter would practically kill for a good large dog. Either way I wish Lily good luck.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue79 View Post
Man, if I had room and time for the dog I'd take her, but I've already got my hands full with a high energy pup and another dog as well as a cat and live in a 2bdr house. Sorry.

I wish Lily luck, and please make sure you try to somewhat verify what background she'll be in, its all to common for animals to be given away free and end up fighting dogs.
That's ok, no problem. We will absolutely vette her family and their background. We don't want her to go to just ANYONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
JW, I know I'm too far away from you, and I have more then a Handful with GATOR(who needs the security of being an only Dog) but if you need advice and assistance, please let me know, as I know Plenty of folks in the Rescue Community....
Thanks, I appreciate it. If I need anything I'll let you know.

Always have clean socks.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3166 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

You will also need to deal with the other three missing her(as well as you guys ) I know from that. I had a dog many years ago (a lab beagle mix named Buddy) who had bone cancer had had to go "across the Rainbow Bridge" ( I was about 10) then more recently 2 years ago before Gator, we had MO(Shlomo ) a white bulldog(Std.) who's heart gave out from the Stress of the move .....

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Update:

A family living near my wife in Oklahoma has responded to the craigslist ad. My wife went to see them tonight, with Lily, to meet them and feel them out. She said they seemed like great people, and have a good property for Lily. They have a six-foot tall privacy fence, surrounding a large back yard.

They don't have any other dogs, but that's ok because apparently Lily bonded to the woman immediately, and wasn't skittish at all in their home.

The couple and my wife agreed to let Lily stay there for a few days, and if it doesn't work out for some reason, she will go back to my wife. If it works out, she probably found a new home.

I also told my wife that if SHE (GGaC) can't get over the sadness of not having Lily around in a few days, to just go pick her up. I'm pretty sure the couple will understand and not judge her.

Always have clean socks.

orangello Likes This