West Virginia Stock for commercial buffer tube
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > FirearmsTalk Classifieds > Wanted > West Virginia Stock for commercial buffer tube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Default Stock for commercial buffer tube

I was just wondering if anyone had an old "full sized" stock that they had no use for. Possibly one that was replaced by an upgraded item and thrown in someone's junk drawer.. OD green would be nice too...haha
The stock i have seems miniature in height dimention than any other i have seen and im not ready to drop at least $50 on an MOE yet.....I just spent $200 for a scope along with kids' Christmas expenses.
Here is a pic of mine compared to a "normal" size

1388032681783.jpg   1388032692125.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2013, 03:54 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had an old "full sized" stock that they had no use for. Possibly one that was replaced by an upgraded item and thrown in someone's junk drawer.. OD green would be nice too...haha
The stock i have seems miniature in height dimention than any other i have seen and im not ready to drop at least $50 on an MOE yet.....I just spent $200 for a scope along with kids' Christmas expenses.
Here is a pic of mine compared to a "normal" size
I also live in wv. Some of the gun shops around Morgantown an fairmont have but stocks for under 50 bucks. Is that a bushmasters ar15? Our you looking for a milspec stock or commercal stock. You need to check your butter tude before you buy one

Last edited by Copeman60; 12-26-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1288 Posts
Likes Given: 473

If the top is the type you have, that is just an early CAR style stock, compared to an M4 style. The M4 style does give a better cheek weld. Are you sure you have a commercial sized tube? I can check and see what I've got.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #4

Yes it is on a bushmaster commercial tube.
I was just curious what might be lying around out there.
A new stock is on my list of wants...not needs at this time.
After the new scope i have a freefloat tube I "need" ....

Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
If the top is the type you have, that is just an early CAR style stock, compared to an M4 style. The M4 style does give a better cheek weld. Are you sure you have a commercial sized tube? I can check and see what I've got.
Doc it seems like your always on the forum lol. Your definitely full of good information an you are always willing to help someone. Thanks for all your knowledge when it comes to firearms!!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1288 Posts
Likes Given: 473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeman60 View Post
Doc it seems like your always on the forum lol. Your definitely full of good information an you are always willing to help someone. Thanks for all your knowledge when it comes to firearms!!
I get on via my phone pretty frequently when I'm stuck waiting for something.
I've been on leave for the last 10 days, so I've been on a bit lately.

As far as sharing info goes, I'm happy to do it. I wish it was as easy to get info when I was first starting out.

OP, I checked my loose parts, and the closest I have is a Sig 556 collapsible buttstock. Don't know the dimensions off hand, as far as being able to go on a commercial buffer tube. The end of the butt is open as well, and may slide too far onto the tube.

Sorry, I don't have another spare around.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post

Sorry, I don't have another spare around.
That's quite alright. I appreciate you taking the time to look.

I was just putting a feeler out there to see if someone had parts they knew would not be used again.
In the process of doing some mods to my AR, the stock will have to wait. Scope is ordered and on the way...and the Samson handguard is next