Illinois Vertical leather holster recommendation
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > FirearmsTalk Classifieds > Holsters & Cases For Sale > Illinois Vertical leather holster recommendation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Vertical leather holster recommendation

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a good looking, lightweight and thin leather shoulder holster that keeps the gun tight to the skin right in the armpit. I have some cotton Kangaroo Carry and while they work and conceal the gun (4.25" 1911) very well, I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a bra; on top of that the elastic can get uncomfortable. This would be for deep concealment, I already have a working belt setup for regular CCW. I was looking at the Galco VHS and it just looks huge, it would probably print like crazy. I have a thin build however I'm muscular which allows me to hide the butt of my 1911 against my pecs, which is why I need the gun riding that high.

I know Alessi makes nice holsters but I don't see how my 1911 wouldn't print dangling horizontally and I'm not a fan of muzzle sweeping people behind me. I've heard about the vertical holster that Alessi makes but there is absolutely no information online and I don't feel like spending $200 -$300 to try it out.

Thanks!

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #2

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Don't have a specific answer but here are links to 315+ mfgs of holsters. You can search body holsters, select Images from the top line and see lots of images. If you mouseover the images some will tell you where they come from...might help.

http://www.gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/technical/Holsters.html

Edit: Just arrived in the mail today. The Gould Leather and DeSantis Sof-tuck.

My holster collection for my M&P .40 full size.

AlienGear:
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/images/DSC0323386.jpg

BladeTech with the Paddle Attachment:
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/images/DSC0323086.jpg

Gould 803-mp:
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/images/DSC0322286.jpg

DeSantis Sof-tuck:
http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/images/DSC0322886.jpg

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Last edited by wittmeba; 04-11-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3146 Times on 2138 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Default Vertical leather holster recommendation

I love DeSantis Holsters. I used to live nr. The Factory on Long Island and got a tour with my FIL in 2005 there. I just got my Sof-tuk a few weeks ago for the RIA 1911-9MM. Have you ever used it Srossdraw? I also have a Nemesis for the LC9, and Shoulder rigs for the 1911(One each to fit Gov't. And Commander) and the DW 41 Mag. ...
The Gould is nice too, looks a lot like my Mitch Rosen's I have for the Smith and the LC-9...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-16-2014 at 10:10 AM.