California New EPLOWERS Polymer 80% Lowers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > FirearmsTalk Classifieds > Firearms Parts and Accesories > California New EPLOWERS Polymer 80% Lowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default New EPLOWERS Polymer 80% Lowers

Hi my name is John; I represent a company called EP Lowers

EP Lowers offers an 80% completed AR-15 lower receiver unlike any other in the firearms industry. We offer the first ever 80% polymer lower available and the only 80% lower that requires no jig to complete. We are calling it the EP-80.

Why have polymer lowers failed in the past? Perhaps: 1. Polymer lowers where manufactured identical in dimension to aluminum alloy lowers. 2. Polymer lowers where manufactured from material that was not as strong as aluminum alloys. 3. There was no consideration in design for a change in the material.

Our lowers are constructed of an ultra strong fiber reinforced polymer. The exact composition is proprietary but I will say its much stronger than any 100% polymer lower available and although we believe our material would be strong enough as is, Our design reinforces the area of the front pivot pin holes and the buffer tube area with additional material where lesser polymer lowers from other manufacturers have failed.

Our product is very strong and durable; much more so than any other polymer lower. You see polymer lowers are injection molded; in the case of our product they are injection molded and then have to survive being milled by our customers. So our 80% lowers are really required to be much stronger for this reason. Also we wanted to have the best product out there and I think we have got that.

There are distinct advantages to going with an 80%. Yes its going to take some work but not without instilling a sense of accomplishment when completed; and our lowers are the easiest and cheapest to complete because our lowers require no jig and no special tools. In that respect we have a distinct advantage within the 80% market.

Why no jig? The fire control pocket is dissimilar in color so it’s clearly outlined what needs to be removed. In the case of the black lowers just mill out the white and leave the black area and you’re done. Fire control and pivot pin areas are clearly marked for drilling. As with standard metal lowers it will take a competent person to complete them; however they are lighter and stronger than alloy. Our product is made in the USA; and we offer a lifetime limited warranty.

We offer multiple colors; these colors are solid so unlike anodized or painted lowers there is no surface coating to scratch; the colors is the same throughout so if it gets scratched just buff it out good as new.

Please be sure to use coupon code 'calguns' to receive a discount on our website when ordering.

Check at our hompage www.eplowers.com or check our facebook page at www.facebook.com/eplowers for continuous updates.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank You

Note: This bottom photo is in process so not all holes are drilled. As you can see from the top photograph our finished product has the front pivot pin and detent holes already drilled along with the buffer stop and rear take down pin hole etc.

See a customer review:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemanrebel View Post
Hi my name is John; I represent a company called EP Lowers

EP Lowers offers an 80% completed AR-15 lower receiver unlike any other in the firearms industry. We offer the first ever 80% polymer lower available and the only 80% lower that requires no jig to complete. We are calling it the EP-80.

Why have polymer lowers failed in the past? Perhaps: 1. Polymer lowers where manufactured identical in dimension to aluminum alloy lowers. 2. Polymer lowers where manufactured from material that was not as strong as aluminum alloys. 3. There was no consideration in design for a change in the material.

Our lowers are constructed of an ultra strong fiber reinforced polymer. The exact composition is proprietary but I will say its much stronger than any 100% polymer lower available and although we believe our material would be strong enough as is, Our design reinforces the area of the front pivot pin holes and the buffer tube area with additional material where lesser polymer lowers from other manufacturers have failed.

Our product is very strong and durable; much more so than any other polymer lower. You see polymer lowers are injection molded; in the case of our product they are injection molded and then have to survive being milled by our customers. So our 80% lowers are really required to be much stronger for this reason. Also we wanted to have the best product out there and I think we have got that.

There are distinct advantages to going with an 80%. Yes its going to take some work but not without instilling a sense of accomplishment when completed; and our lowers are the easiest and cheapest to complete because our lowers require no jig and no special tools. In that respect we have a distinct advantage within the 80% market.

Why no jig? The fire control pocket is dissimilar in color so it’s clearly outlined what needs to be removed. In the case of the black lowers just mill out the white and leave the black area and you’re done. Fire control and pivot pin areas are clearly marked for drilling. As with standard metal lowers it will take a competent person to complete them; however they are lighter and stronger than alloy. Our product is made in the USA; and we offer a lifetime limited warranty.

We offer multiple colors; these colors are solid so unlike anodized or painted lowers there is no surface coating to scratch; the colors is the same throughout so if it gets scratched just buff it out good as new.

Please be sure to use coupon code 'calguns' to receive a discount on our website when ordering.

Check at our hompage www.eplowers.com or check our facebook page at www.facebook.com/eplowers for continuous updates.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank You

Note: This bottom photo is in process so not all holes are drilled. As you can see from the top photograph our finished product has the front pivot pin and detent holes already drilled along with the buffer stop and rear take down pin hole etc.

See a customer review:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcSlOVeXlQ
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFw2-vdZdqg
I put down the deposit on one of these months ago when you first mentioned them. I haven't heard squat since. What's up with that?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

PM sent. Let us know your info and we can get to the bottom of it.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1165 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Bubba with a dremel... What could possibly go wrong?

Let me know when a complete stripped lower becomes available.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Clearly nothing went wrong

Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1165 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I was thinking more along the lines of other bubbas.

Oh well, I've always wanted to "roll my own" and I have my dremel tool handy.

Are anti-roll pins necessary (or a really good idea) for the hammer and trigger pins, or was that just done for that particular build?

Old 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

No they aren't necessary.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #8

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts

How much are these 80% lowers?

Old 07-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

We are currently offering them for a price of $100

Old 08-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

We are currently offer a 5+1 bulk deal. Buy five lowers and receive one lower free with no limit! If you buy 10 you get 12. If you buy 100 you get 20 free lowers!
http://www.eparmory.com/product-p/buy5.htm