Taurus TCP vs ? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum > Taurus TCP vs ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 12:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 279 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 31

And those bull dog things can't be nearly as quick to draw and ready a pistol from compare to a pocket or iwb.

My youngest daughter is a 100lb girly girl. Not a tough girl at all and has a tcp as one of her cc pistols. She enjoys it , easy for her to rack and shoot well. My wife has one too. Both have been very reliable .

HEY stan Buy a pocket holster. It keeps the pistol one a fix position !! Even a iwb like a dual purpose desantis pocket tuk can serve as a pocket or iwn adjustable holster.

http://www.desantisholster.com/POCKET-TUK

Old 04-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #12

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I posted here before reading your post.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f182/taurus-738-tcp-380-a-105932/

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #13

Was this your issues with or the lady's also small micro pistols are not a great choice for a newbe shooter in general. Is she a shooter of lower skill levels? Was the pistol new or used? What is the letter in the serial number A, B, C or D. C and D are the later improved models. The 2 in our family are C's and I broke them in first. Shot 7 different brands or bullet types in them with zero issues in 400 rounds each. Because my hands don't fit real well I add a piece of old 1.75" inner tube to the grip. Makes for a tacky easy to hold grip.

Last you do realize any brand can have some problems too. Even what ever your favorite brand is. If the lady is the problem or your skill level maybe a larger easier to shoot pistol like bersa CC380 would be a better choice in general. Sized like a kahr cm series , 16oz , 8 rounds with a da/sa trigger.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #14

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

hardluk1 - if the question is addressed to me...it is her gun. She began shooting and after about 4-5 shots it Failed To Load. We corrected the problem and shot several more rounds. It did it again. Cleared it and shot a few more rounds. It did it again...cleared and shot some more.

IMO - I don't know what caused the problem. It happened each time on racking to shoot after it had been laid down. It was not abused or thrown...just set down. When racked the round got stuck in the ejection space and would not fall out and would not enter the chamber. It was just stuck but not tight - it would rattle a little.

I do not know what brand of ammo she had but I can find out. I will contact my son and have him bring it by for review. I'm no gunsmith but mechanically inclined. I'd like to learn what happened just for my experience & knowledge.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #15

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
There are three potential problems with it. One, an occasional question or comment. Two, you will bump the doorways and occasionally a person. Three, it is familiar enough to the cops and others - you will draw unwanted attention.
I don't know about that. I have a Samsung Note and when it first came out there were no cases so I started carrying it in a 10 round shotgun shell belt case. I have never had a LEO say anything. YMMV. The doorway and bumping into people could certainly be an issue but then nearly any carry style could have the same issues, at least to my mind.

Do not be fooled by a belief that progressives, leftists hate guns. Oh, no, they do not. What they hate is guns in the hands of those who are not marching in lock step of their ideology. They hate guns in the hands of those who think for themselves and do not obey without question. They hate guns in the hands of (sic) those whom they have slated for a barrel to the back of the ear. -- Stanislav Mishin - 12-27-12 from his blog Mat Rodina reprinted in Pravda.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2620 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider658 View Post
I don't know about that. I have a Samsung Note and when it first came out there were no cases so I started carrying it in a 10 round shotgun shell belt case. I have never had a LEO say anything. YMMV. The doorway and bumping into people could certainly be an issue but then nearly any carry style could have the same issues, at least to my mind.
Perdonal experience can certainly vary. I spoke from my own. A lot depends on your dress habits and where you hang out most of your time. I tried it and didn't like it for the reasons above, but I guess someone else might see it differently.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #17

wittmeba Third hand info sucks. When you get your hands on it. see if it has a C or D in the serial number . Those are the ones that tend to run very well but I have seen some new older models in stores to and they typicaly end up going back for some TLC. Ever one also makes a turd now and then so it could be one of those but so many tiems its a shooter related problem. . But it will be interesting how it works in your hands only. I am like you in that I can work on them. I have bought 3 handguns over a few years off pissed off owners at the range. 1 did have to go back. The other two only needed a new owner for them to work great. Smalls pistol simply give some people fits no matter how well it runs for others.