Taurus PT92 Holster - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum > Taurus PT92 Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2199 Times on 1295 Posts
Likes Given: 478

I also, have a Bianchi 7001 cordura holster that I use for IDPA hta thas a snap closure, rides high enough on the belt that it can be concealed, and it accomodates my Beretta 92, my Glock 17, or a 1911. It may be adaptable enough for his needs.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:16 AM   #12
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1943 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 2116

Thanks! We'll look into them.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #13
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default Taurus PT92 Holster

Boy you Taurus haters don't let up. You all think EVERY gun that came off their line In Every model is just Horrible Huh?
Not one of you "Who Hates" on them has bought a model new in the last calendar year have you? Or met the CEO and QA director personally, where they specifically said they will REPLACE any malfunctioning gun at the owners request...no,..I guess you have not....

Balota: DeSantis makes Specific models for both the Beretta and the Taurus 92. I have one of each for each gun. But I also like Chest and shoulder rigs, which might not be suitable for your Son. Safariland and Uncle Mikes also offer sep. Models. My Uncle Mikes can be used by itself or with a rigid Kydex insert between the leather and the Waist/Hip...today I carried my M9A1 in it because it was windy and a little cooler here so I wore a flannel shirt jacket...walked all over my development taking photos of all the lousy cracks in the chip seal paving that our town refuses to spend our tax dollars on to repair. No one even noticed, just like when I was doing it the other day and no one noticed the LC9 under my "Veterans" Vest..
Hope I helped. Seems like I'm not helping out by being here anymore. Starting to not have fun anymore either. When it gets like that too much it's time to check out.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 04-02-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Big Gay Al Likes This 
Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #14
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1943 Times on 1182 Posts
Likes Given: 2116

You're a day late for April Fools, Doc! You would surely be missed. Thanks for your suggestions. I like Safariland ALS holsters. My EDC lives in one and I use it for IDPA. We looked on the website for PT92 but no luck. Maybe some other style than ALS. We'll check out that site again.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 04-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default Taurus PT92 Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
You're a day late for April Fools, Doc! You would surely be missed. Thanks for your suggestions. I like Safariland ALS holsters. My EDC lives in one and I use it for IDPA. We looked on the website for PT92 but no luck. Maybe some other style than ALS. We'll check out that site again.

Ok, Wasn't joking, and two of the worse things that ever happened to me both happened on 4/1...
Quartermaster(s) puts out a few of their own as well as carrying the Safariland line. If he has a little more$$ to spend he might look at Mitch Rosen's site. I just found out I'm going to the Western Gun and collectables show this Sunday. I will let ypu know if I see anything good. Oh, good luck Saturday...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 04-02-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I use a SERPA for my 1911's that have that little push button lock. But I prefer the XDM gear because it uses friction to retain the gun adjusted by two screws.

Carrying concealed isn't the same need as a police officer who may wrestle with bad guys. A civilian isn't going to be trying to cuff a drunk who may go for the gun so retention isn't a real issue other than the gun just not falling out.
Blackhawk SERPA holsters are nice but, they don't make one that fits the Taurus PT92. The one for the Beretta, does not work with the Taurus. Something different about the trigger guard.

While retention may not be an issue for concealed carry, it is for anyone who carries openly. You don't want just friction for an OC handgun.

Big Gay Al
coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
"Of course I carry a gun, you would too if you were called Big Gay Al"

Old 05-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
...(Or in my anti-Taurus mode, trade the Taurus for a Beretta)
Frankly, I don't see the point in trading "down" from the Taurus to the Beretta.

Big Gay Al

Old 06-30-2014, 03:41 AM   #18

Liked 171 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I have a Tarus PT-92 and a Beretta P9 and both pistols peform and function equally with exception for the location of the safety which should have zero bearing of the holster fit between the two pistols because the frames are identical ambedextrious frames.
one is no better than the other IMO

I custome make holsters and the mold I use fits the taurus and beretta.
I dont have a mold for a PT-92 with rail

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

Old 06-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith View Post
I have a Taurus PT-92 and a Beretta M9 and both pistols perform and function equally with the exception for the location of the safety which should have zero bearing on the holster fit between the two pistols because the frames are identical ambidextrous frames. One is no better than the other IMO

I make custom holsters and the mold I use fits the Taurus and beretta.
I don't have a mold for a PT-92 with rail
Mine doesn't have a rail. Out of curiosity, how much?

Big Gay Al

Old 06-30-2014, 02:07 PM   #20

Liked 171 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I have these two pancakes ready for delivery for $45.00 per shipped.
IWB pancake or paddle would be 50.00 shipped but would be two weeks out because I would have to make one.
BTW this is my own design.

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

Last edited by St8LineGunsmith; 06-30-2014 at 02:13 PM.