Taurus Millenium Pt140 Pro Problem :( Help... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum > Taurus Millenium Pt140 Pro Problem :( Help...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Big: if you were in my corner of the world, we'd have one of the Smiths I know look at it after we took it out to the red rock desert...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcaliberskill View Post
So today I took my taurus to the range and Every time I fired off a round my magazine would eject. Does anyone know what's the problem here? And have anyone had this problem before? Please Help!!

I have the exact same gun with the exact same problem. Both magazines eject on every single shot, regardless of how I am holding the gun or how many rounds I load into the magazine.

I know Taurus has a good warranty. But I don't trust their CS after it took upwards of 8 months for them to send me replacement sights. I had to call them multiple times during that time.

I talked to a local gunsmith recently about the mags popping out issue. Well actually I talked to the Smith's wife. She's the front person for the store. Anyway she seems to think its probably a very simple and quick fix.

Personally I'm tempted to have a local fix it. Or maybe when I get to NC I'll just send it into Taurus to test their CS. I don't ever shoot the gun anyway.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

Always have clean socks.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 AM   #13
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I have the exact same gun with the exact same problem. Both magazines eject on every single shot, regardless of how I am holding the gun or how many rounds I load into the magazine.

I know Taurus has a good warranty. But I don't trust their CS after it took upwards of 8 months for them to send me replacement sights. I had to call them multiple times during that time.

I talked to a local gunsmith recently about the mags popping out issue. Well actually I talked to the Smith's wife. She's the front person for the store. Anyway she seems to think its probably a very simple and quick fix.

Personally I'm tempted to have a local fix it. Or maybe when I get to NC I'll just send it into Taurus to test their CS. I don't ever shoot the gun anyway.

JW, occasionally Customer Service of every company runs out of the parts with which to affect repairs. However, if you called, they should have given you either a reason or a timeline. I have not found their CS to be that slow with either mine or customer guns in about eight returns. They even fix damage caused by owner stupidity, not only manufacturing defects, which I think says a lot for the company.

If it's not a frequent shooter, JW, you should send it back and document it for us. My 10-day fix-and-return to Taurus was about two months ago so you should get the same level of service.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 02-25-2014, 04:30 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
JW, occasionally Customer Service of every company runs out of the parts with which to affect repairs. However, if you called, they should have given you either a reason or a timeline. I have not found their CS to be that slow with either mine or customer guns in about eight returns. They even fix damage caused by owner stupidity, not only manufacturing defects, which I think says a lot for the company.

If it's not a frequent shooter, JW, you should send it back and document it for us. My 10-day fix-and-return to Taurus was about two months ago so you should get the same level of service.
I probably will soon(ish). I will keep ya'll posted.

Always have clean socks.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #15

Too bad you don't have it any more. Did their warranty say no steel cased ammo?

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-26-2014, 07:15 AM   #16

Happy to know that".......

Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #17

Liked 2756 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

Mine did the same thing. Called Taurus they sent me a new magazine release and spring. Problem solved.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 300 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 881

It's no secret that I am not a taurus fan. I did take a PT 140 Millennium Pro in on trade at the gunshow last weekend. I was amazed to find out that not only does it have a lifetime warranty but as the now owner, the warranty is still valid. Then the battery died in the Crimson Trace. I called Crimson Trace, they are sending a new battery(free)! The fit and overall workmanship on this pistol is far better than the early Taurus revolvers that formed my first opinion of Taurus. We (wife, daughter & I)have decided to take it out and shoot it and no, not as the target.

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Old 07-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #19

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I CC'd a model 85ss for 20 years . Great finish on it and the slickest trigger on ant snubby I have touched. We also have the C series TCP 380s and they have been very good. My wife has the new 9mm version Pt111G2. I get the chore of breaking it in and found zero issues with it. Accuracy is very good , great grip texture and the adjustable sets worked well . The mec-gar P226 18 round mag is reliable as a high cap back up.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcaliberskill View Post
So today I took my taurus to the range and Every time I fired off a round my magazine would eject. Does anyone know what's the problem here? And have anyone had this problem before? Please Help!!

I may be a little late in replying to this, but I had a similar problem with a PT-145. It turned out that the magazine catch was not properly seated, and was not making enough contact with the slot in the magazine to hold it.
I took a punch and tapped the little square surface on the outside of the grip frame, and it has worked fine ever since. I've now had the gun for 8 years, and no further trouble.