Taurus Millenium Pt140 Pro Problem :( Help...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum > Taurus Millenium Pt140 Pro Problem :( Help...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Taurus Millenium Pt140 Pro Problem :( Help...

So today I took my taurus to the range and Every time I fired off a round my magazine would eject. Does anyone know what's the problem here? And have anyone had this problem before? Please Help!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Big, I have A PT-38 that the previous owner monkied with the safety and release springs, causing the gun to drop the magazine on the first three shots. I was the 2nd owner, but sent it to Taurus and they had it back to me in ten days all fixed, polished and working perfectly! If yours is new, it may have just been a "Friday gun" and needs to be returned. Follow Taurus online submission and they'll make it right fast.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 02-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #3
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default Return for repair

Big: Taurus has the best( or next to the best, right three with Ruger) CS in the biz. When and if you call it in before they send it back, ask for Kimberly(the CS manager ) and tell her you are a Firearms Talk member, and we told you to ask for her and you heard our interview with her boss. You might get it back even Quicker.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-18-2014, 06:49 AM   #4

Wow Ok, That's perfect. Thanks for helping me out you guys, ill make sure to call them first thing in the morning. Thanks again!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Just one magazine does this? Or every magazine you have? I'd be sure it's actually the gun before sending it back.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #6

I don't know but I'm thinking its the magazine also. I'm waiting until Monday to test it out one last time before I send it in to Taurus.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:35 AM   #7

Please keep us posted. Thanks.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

if you have multiple magazines and all of them are doing it, then you may have an issue with the pistol. if only one magazine is doing this, then it's quite possible you have a defective magazine. call Taurus and discuss the nature of the problem with them.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:52 AM   #9

Axxe is correct. If it's just one mag., it's most probably some sort of structural issue with the mag. Itself,..look for bent feed lips( at the mouth of the mag were the rounds enter the chamber). If it's just one mag you will possibly notice a bent section...

People Like This 
Old 02-21-2014, 05:15 AM   #10

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Why wait till Monday, try wrestling out empty magazines now. If they drop out when shooting there's a good chance you can pull them loose from the mag release without pushing it. If they stay locked in place insert a full mag and see if you can pull it loose. Try this on all your mags.

Was it a full mag that dropped while shooting? Or did a partially loaded mag also drop? A full mag may need a good slap to fully lock in. If you download a round or two it locks easier. New mags are stiff and may need use/wear before they lock in when fully loaded. This is fairly common in a new gun.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

People Like This