Taurus Judge .45/410 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum >

Taurus Judge .45/410

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Alternate the different types of Ammo for this in the cylinder and it will change your dirrection screw your ass up.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6784 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouter3 View Post
Your opinion is most likely predicated on the old .410 ammunition, these new offerings are nothing like them ... I do respect all opinions but if you haven't any real time experience your opinion is heresay ... Like armpits everyone's got one! I too was skeptical when I was first introduced to the handgun ! .410 in a pistol you've got to be kidding me!! Well I've done a complete 360 now that I have fired many rounds out of the handgun. It's got a special niche, as advertised for 5-7-10 yard encounters this is the weapon I prefer again after seeing real time demonstrations and not third party heresay ... Try it you'll be pleasantly surprised by its performance ....then formulate your opinion
actually its got nothing to do with the design of the projectile but simply you cannot put enough powder in a 410 to make the shot package whatever it is from slug to birdshot effective on anything much larger than a rabbit. its just tthe nature of the 410 shotshell. like all shotshells they are low pressure with nothing really to seal the deal so they use VERY fast burning powder to get as much energy as possible to get the projectile going.

there has been no change in the laws of physics that im aware of that will make a 410 more powerful. there simply isnt enough capacity in one.

i have tried them friend of mine has one and im less than impressed even with the "new improved" shotshells. even out of a shotgun the 410 is pretty pathetic.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

We are talking multiple projectiles 36, 41 caliber, not talking #8 birdshot you need to take a look at some of the gel tests done with the round, but am not here to get into a pissin contest with anyone, pathetic, whatever your terminology I see it just the opposite way... I'd use a multi projectile round that size over a single bullet anytime of the day in a scenario that the weapon was designed for....you keep referring to a rabbit gun, this is a defensive handgun, nothing to do with rabbit hunting ..and you hit that animal at the range prescribed with PDX 1 or Federal 000 you'll be lucky to find any fur .... To each his own sir ....
People Like This 
Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Eagle 1803 ..you trying to make a point sir? Screw up my ass doesn't compute is that a statement or a question? My ass got nothing to do with the Taurus judge .... If your trying to say something factual please back it up
With good useful real time information ...but again if your just trying to break chops we will put your post where it belongs in the round file ( and I was being nice) this is a family oriented forum

Old 03-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #15

Liked 2481 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 567

Quote:
.410 in a pistol you've got to be kidding me!! Well I've done a complete 360 now that I have fired many rounds out of the handgun.
Just a nit picking point, but if you did a 360 you would have come back to the place you started. I only got a C in Geometry but I think you meant 180.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

No sir, I did a 360' as stated back to the place, ground zero, I Began realizing how totally incorrect I was initially listening to all the negative here-say and not going by my instincts to evaluate a firearm but using it..pulling the trigger, letting it go bang and then formulate a reasonable opinion on it ...your C was well earned ...

Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Eagle 1803 ..you trying to make a point sir? Screw up my ass doesn't compute is that a statement or a question? My ass got nothing to do with the Taurus judge .... If your trying to say something factual please back it up
With good useful real time information ...but again if your just trying to break chops we will put your post where it belongs in the round file ( and I was being nice) this is a family oriented forum
didn't mean your ass, and I think everybody knows that, calm down! please don't hold it against me.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 488 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

It's no secret that I am not a Taurus fan. I bought a used Judge in stainless steel to try it for myself. The fact that the lifetime warranty would apply to me and the 3" chamber made the decision. I will post after shooting it.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #19

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 658

Mine is not accurate but it will group pretty decent at 50-75 ft for me . the shot loads are ridiculous or I should say using bird shot , it wont kill but it will get the msg across . I had mine loaded with buck / slug and LC HP . biggest problem I had was I liked shooting it and its not a cheap plinking gun by any means .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #20

Liked 478 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you were in the market for a home defense shotgun, would a 410 be your first choice? If you answered no, why would a 410 in a cumbersome, short barreled revolver be any better? Your money would be better spent in a handgun that shoots one caliber excellently rather than one that shoots three just OK.