Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum > Pt145

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Junk, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!!

Had one, would shoot 1 or 2 mags through it and the damn frame would break right in front of the trigger guard. Send back to Taurus, wait 8 months, get my gun back, fire a couple mags, frame breaks right in front of trigger guard. Send back to Taurus, wait 10 months to get my gun back, fire a couple mags, frame breaks...Owned that POS more than 2 years, only had it in my possession maybe 2 months.

WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER TAURUS POS AGAIN!!!!!!
What kind of person calls a whole gun company junk because of one gun breaking? It makes no sense.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68

What kind of person calls a whole gun company junk because of one gun breaking? It makes no sense.
I have to agree I have had a Taurus for at least a year and I haven't had 1 problem with it and I shoot targets with it constantly

Old 07-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

I have owned, carried, and operated many Taurus handguns since 1985. I had one minor problem with one gun, a PT-101. The magazine release was slightly misaligned, and would release the magazine due to recoil. I adjusted it by tapping the release button with a nail set punch, and had no further trouble with it. I've had my PT145 since 2006, never any trouble with it. I qualified for my CWP with it, and it is the gun I keep handy at night when I'm in bed, because of its size, caliber, capacity, and other characteristics.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post
THIS kind of person! I dont have to go over that fence twice to know that dog bites!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 AM   #15

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
THIS kind of person! I dont have to go over that fence twice to know that dog bites!
I don't believe your story. How does the frame keep breaking in front of the trigger guard and more importantly how was Taurus fixing it. Did they heat up both sides with a lighter since its polymer and weld the two pieces back together?

Ive never had to return a gun to Taurus but Ive never heard of them taking so long to fix and return a gun. I think your just badmouthing Taurus. I will put my PT-145 against anything comparable you have.

I don't have to read your STORY twice to know its BS.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #16
fmj

So i am liar? That just shows you to be stupid, jackass! WTF do i have to gain by lying/badmouthing any gun? I am simply relaying MY experience with a particular gun. The OP asked, i gave my honest experience with the PT-145

I dont give a fat rats ass if you believe me or not, what i typed is the TRUTH! PERIOD!

How did they fix it? Your pretty close to it. They kinda "hot glued" a U shaped piece of plastic into the area. Kind of a reinforcing backing. If I can, (i am pretty busy and this is WAY down on the priority list) i will see if i can get my hands on the gun and snap some pics. (i sold it to a fellow fanboy that jumped all over it when i mentioned selling the junk. He had/has a 9 mm in the same style(forget the model) and he wanted the big/little brother thing)

Sounds to me like your just a pathetic fanboy.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #17

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
So i am liar?
I don't know you well enough to say one way or another, so I reserve judgement. Since you undoubtedly sent it back to FL twice you should have sent it back a third time requesting a replacement (firmly). Since Taurus is a life time warranted they would have replaced it with a Gen 2 which had the problem fixed. Never had a problem with my PT-140, Tracker or my PT-92.

You do have a problem with the word Taurus but that's your problem not that of the company that you did not give a real option to solve your problem.

Jim
Old 07-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
I don't know you well enough to say one way or another, so I reserve judgement. Since you undoubtedly sent it back to FL twice you should have sent it back a third time requesting a replacement (firmly). Since Taurus is a life time warranted they would have replaced it with a Gen 2 which had the problem fixed. Never had a problem with my PT-140, Tracker or my PT-92.

You do have a problem with the word Taurus but that's your problem not that of the company that you did not give a real option to solve your problem.

Jim
I didnt give them a real chance to rectify the problem? How so? I sent the damn thing back TWICE....THEY were given adequate time and chances and failed miserably BOTH times.

Now i will never speak another good word about the company as per my personal policy.

Too many other options out there to waste my money on a company that failed. I like my handy little AMERICAN made Kel tec (another brand that is much maligned, but has served ME well)

Rugers (now that that traitor, old man bill ruger is dead and no longer running the company)

Springfield Armory

Remington

Smith and Wesson

Henry

Et. al.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:08 AM   #19

I recently bought a pt145. After 18 shots the firing pin safety block broke. Sent back in to taurus for repair. Got the gun can in roughly 18 days and the gun has been fine since. No questions asked. Just fixed it. Love the feel and balance of the gun. Very nice gun for conceal carry. Happy with the gun and taurus. This is my second taurus gun and the other one I have has never had a problem.

Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Just bought my second Taurus Millenium 145. I like 'em both.