Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Taurus Forum > Pt145

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pt145

Bought a PT145 couple months ago. Fired about 100 rounds through it so far. Gun feels really good in my hand as far as fit goes. I've read a few comments elsewhere about Taurus quality issues. Just wondering if anyone out there has one and had issues with it.?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I bought the PT145 stainless 3 years ago and it's been with me since that time. I love it so much that I plan to get the 2nd one or a PT145 G2 if Taurus will make it some time in the future.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

I've had my PT145 since 2006, and am happy with it. No issues in terms of quality control. I used it to qualify for my CWP, and it is my handgun of choice at night when I'm in bed. It is pretty accurate, should be an adequate man-stopper, and addresses some logistic considerations for a night-time home defense piece:
1. Overall length 6.1" gives a BG little chance of grabbing the gun and wrestling it away, because there is not much of it forward of my trigger finger.
2. Internal striker fired, so there is no external hammer to cock, which helps avoid accidental discharge or having a dirty prosecutor claim it was a negligent discharge.
3. The matte stainless slide blends well with a white T-shirt and light-colored walls in a dark room, to provide for an element of surprise.
4. It's a .45, which gives pretty good stopping power with a good hit.
5. 10+1 capacity with a quick reload.
6. Reasonable weight and balance for a situation where I may have to hold it for an extended time.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 05-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #4

Thanks guys!! I used mine as well to qualify for my CCP!! I was impressed with its accuracy and overall it just seems to fit! I guess time will tell as far as quality goes but I feel good about my choice. My son also has a Taurus 1911 and it has been flawless!!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #5

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I've had my PT145 since 2006, and am happy with it. No issues in terms of quality control. I used it to qualify for my CWP, and it is my handgun of choice at night when I'm in bed. It is pretty accurate, should be an adequate man-stopper, and addresses some logistic considerations for a night-time home defense piece:
1. Overall length 6.1" gives a BG little chance of grabbing the gun and wrestling it away, because there is not much of it forward of my trigger finger.
2. Internal striker fired, so there is no external hammer to cock, which helps avoid accidental discharge or having a dirty prosecutor claim it was a negligent discharge.
3. The matte stainless slide blends well with a white T-shirt and light-colored walls in a dark room, to provide for an element of surprise.
4. It's a .45, which gives pretty good stopping power with a good hit.
5. 10+1 capacity with a quick reload.
6. Reasonable weight and balance for a situation where I may have to hold it for an extended time.

Ive had mine since 2008. Its a very good concealable 45 with 10 + 1 capacity. Its been my EDC for a good while now. Its reliable with every brand of ammo Ive ever shot thru it. Its accurate for a short barreled gun. I agree that the weight and balance is good. Ive been looking at the new G2 but as long as this gun is working I will carry it.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #6

I just purchased a PT 145 Millenium. I've heard that the 24/7 12 round mag will fit this gun. Can anyone verify this? And if that's the case, where can I find one with a mag spacer? Everyone seems to be back ordered. Anyone know of a supplier or link where I can get one or two?

"Let's be careful out there" - Phil Esterhouse

Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #7

I bought one a while back and it has been good to go after the first 2 mags in which i had a couple FTF'eds, my issues is finding spare mags at a decent price.
Nice size pistol for a 45 CCW piece.

"In God We Trust"

Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxstchewy View Post
I bought one a while back and it has been good to go after the first 2 mags in which i had a couple FTF'eds, my issues is finding spare mags at a decent price.
Nice size pistol for a 45 CCW piece.
I think you should be able to order them from Taurus. If you have the accompanying manual, it should have the address and instructions you need.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #9
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbholifield View Post
Bought a PT145 couple months ago. Fired about 100 rounds through it so far. Gun feels really good in my hand as far as fit goes. I've read a few comments elsewhere about Taurus quality issues. Just wondering if anyone out there has one and had issues with it.?
Junk, JUNK, JUNK!!!!!!

Had one, would shoot 1 or 2 mags through it and the damn frame would break right in front of the trigger guard. Send back to Taurus, wait 8 months, get my gun back, fire a couple mags, frame breaks right in front of trigger guard. Send back to Taurus, wait 10 months to get my gun back, fire a couple mags, frame breaks...Owned that POS more than 2 years, only had it in my possession maybe 2 months.

WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER TAURUS POS AGAIN!!!!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have had my pt145 for about a year. Put at least a thousand rounds through it without a problem. I have heard all the stories about how bad Taurus guns are but the 2 I have are great.