Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks - I tried gunbot.COM - no wonder it didn't work.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #82

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't know about all this "wink, nudge, nod-nod, back door, employee to contact info".
All of our Wal-Marts will tell you what they expect to receive, that night, over the phone or in person.
I am convinced that some folks that line up at 0330, when the ammo comes out at 0530 are reselling it. Whatever. Last week, 8 boxes of 250 rnd UMC 9mm was coming in. I got there about 0500. There were 7 folks in front of me. The first guy got 3. The 2nd guy got 3. the 2nd guy's wife got 1 and 2 .45 ACP. The 4th guy got the last box.
I really think Wal_Mart should limit it to 200 rounds or 3 boxes, whichever comes first, Think about .223 or 7.62. Three boxes gets you 60 rounds. While three boxes of 250 rnd UMC gets you 750 rounds. I know its a good attempt at trying to be fair. I think they just didn't put much thought into it.

In the last week I've scored two 100 rnd boxes of WWB .40 & a box of Tula .223 (at $5.27! They had 4, but I wanted the .40 more), and three boxes of Tula 9mm ($10.83! That's .23¢ a round!).

I can't seem to catch any .22LR, tho. What is it with .22LR? Is it not being produced as much as other calibers? Is it more sought after, because it cannot be reloaded? Is it just hoaded and sought after more than any other caliber?
The search continues...

Old 04-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #83

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Score-score-score!

This morning I got in line at 0350. Two guys in front of me.
0515 the ammo lady comes out with a buggy full of ammo!
I knew, from a call-in, last night, that 20 100 rnd boxes of CCI Mini Mags were coming in!
I got my three for $23.69!!! Less than EIGHT ¢ PER ROUND!!!

Last night, at a different Wal-Mart, I picked up three 20 rnd boxes of Tula .223 for $5.27/box!

It's starting to get more plentiful!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #84

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Wake up !!!!!!!

This ammo shortage is not caused by Walmart. The cause of this ammunition shortage goes far beyond supply and demand, hoarding, or scalping. This shortage is caused by our government buying all kinds of ammo. You can see what they are purchasing on their own website.

Ammunition (of all kinds) is being purchased from distributors. So, most ammo will never reach any store shelves, except for just one really large dealer - Walmart.
Check it out . . . . visit ANY gunshop (you'll find nothing).

The government is buying all the ammo with an unlimited supply of our tax dollars, because they can get away with it, and because this is much easier than passing anti-gun legislation. They simply don't want us to have a Second Amendment.

Think about this for a minute. Ammunition manufacturers are making ammo as fast as they can, and yet there is virtually NO supply anywhere in the United States. We are seeing something very new in America.

What will it take for people to believe what they see with their own eyes?

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #85

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Check this out:
http://patriotoutdoornews.com/6288/inhofe-lucas-introduce-ammo-act
Congress wants Obama to stop buying up all the all ammo.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #86
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I think this whole ammo craziness could simply be collusion between manufacturers and resellers. They both made out like bandits these past 4 months or so.
It seems crazy to think it, but it can easily be so.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #87

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

drvsafe ........
You're just partly correct. It is crazy to think that the current ammo shortage is caused by manufacturers and resellers.

Profit is a very good thing for independence and liberty. The cause of this problem is obvious to anyone that does a little research into legislation and proposed legislation. Those of us in the firearms industry see exactly what our government is doing to America.

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #88

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
WalMart has a live inventory on line. Check the website before you go. If the Sporting Goods Manager says they don't have it and it shows in stock on the website ask for the General Manager of the store. You should see some ammo magically appear.

This is the only way to stop the WalMart staff from taking it all for themselves, or their friends.
Do you have a link for this? I have looked and looked and cannot find that feature. I know it exists, but wonder if it is an app, which my phone doesn't take apps.
I was at Walmart this morning at 6:45, the first time I've been there lately due to circumstances beyond my control, and I was the only person at the
door. When the lady opened the door, she said "Ammo"? Yeppers. "None came in," which I had highly suspected.
I need to get on an even playing field.
Many kind thanks for the link and any and all assistance I can get.
Bil

Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #89

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil1943
I go to a small Walmart to try to buy some 22LR. I go every M-W-F at 7:00 a.m., the opening time. Each time I've gone there hasn't been any 22LR or much of anything, really, except shotgun shells. I see the same 4 guys ahead of me buying the 22lr large boxes, which are a great deal at under $20, limit of three boxes per person. Today there was none in the Tues. night delivery, so the 4 of us straggled out. At the front door 3 guys stopped and waited for the 4th. When he came out, he took out a roll of bills and peeled off a couple of $50 bills and said split it up.
As it happens, I've seen this guy at local gun shows. He is a vendor there. He sells 22LR for $80/box of 325 or 333. Boxes of 525 rounds are $100.
Now I know where he gets his stock and what he pays for it.
Wally world is the only place I know that hasn't rocketed their prices on 22LR, so I'll keep on trying.
I'll never buy from rip-off artists like this, and I hope no one else does either. If they get stuck holding a bunch of ammo with no buyers, they'll quit hogging it up and maybe the rest of us can go buy a box for a reasonable price.
Bil
Very interesting. I hope this insanity stops soon
Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
I think this whole ammo craziness could simply be collusion between manufacturers and resellers. They both made out like bandits these past 4 months or so.
It seems crazy to think it, but it can easily be so.
I thought they were going to look into the insanity issue??

Last edited by johnr1943; 04-29-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling, etc.