Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yeah Craigslist . . . . that's a great way to get ammo (if you live in a third world country).

It's also a great way to get ripped off.

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr43 View Post
I found out (from an employee by way of a "wink and a nod") my local wally world has employees "leaking info" to certain others as to what/when ammo arrives. Average person doesn't have a chance here. You'd have to be awfully naive to believe money doesn't change hands on this operation...
That whole scenario reminds me of the drug scene back in the sixties; (e.g. 'a wink and a nod') and where to get the best for your buck.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #73

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAKINANAYA View Post
hey balota look on Craigslist and you can find people selling ammo and guns too in the sporting goods section and in the barter. Just cause they prohibit it dont mean they still dont post it.
Its like ebay-
You have to use the right discription

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

m72law Likes This 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 538 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovative View Post

Most Americans feel too "uncomfortable" to even discuss politics.
Too uncomfortable to discuss politics? HA! Not in my neck of the woods! Politics is practically a sport in Texas

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

TruggieTex Likes This 
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Ammo is forbidden on craigslist, but usually you can post it and get a couple hits before someone flags it and they take it down, but by then you've had a couple calls and sold it by then. I did that a few years back when we were shooting sporting clays and I had a couple cases left over and wanted to find a fellow sporting clays shooter who could use the ammo at a decent price.

The WalMart in the town where I work (9,000 people) usually has ammo in small amounts. I asked one of the night guys about it and he told me they get it in on Mondays and Wednesdays and stock that night. I usually stop in around 6:00 a.m. and there's always a few boxes of something. First time I stopped a few weeks ago I picked up 4-500 packs of Federal .22 @ $20.48 each, and 10 boxes of 100 round Federal 9mm @ 19.47 each. After that purchase, they started limiting the purchases to 3 boxes per person. Since then, I usually stop in on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and pick up a few boxes of whatever they get in. One day it's 550 packs of .22 Winchester ammo, next day it's 100 round Winchester .45 ACP for $40.77. This morning I picked up 3 225 round boxes of Remington .22 for $ 9.77 each. There's always a few boxes of whatever they get in left for others.

On a different note, I stopped at Cabela's last Friday and they were stocked with 9mm and had plenty for $ 15.99 per box. I didn't need any so I passed on it. No .22 ammo though. Plenty of .40. I stocked up on Fiocchi .45 ACP online there for around $22.00 for boxes of 50. The online limit was 5 boxes. The guys stocking the shelf said they reduced one whole rack to a 1/4 rack for ammo.

Overall, I'm seeing an increase of ammo on the shelf, so I think we're on our way back. If you positively absolutely can't find ammo anywhere and are willing to pay shipping, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help you out. That offer is limited to FirearmsTALK supporting members though!!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #76

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Finally after 3 months, I found some 9mm. It was at my local academy. They opened up at 8, I got there around 820. There was one box left, so I snatched that up quick. Plus there was a large stack of .45 so I figured what the hell and grabbed one. No .40 though, it probably sold out before I got there if they had any at all

Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

It's starting to trickle in, so I think we're on our way up. When you think of the tens of thousands of stores that are waiting for ammo, I suppose they divide it up between all of them, and it will take a while for stocks to get built up. It's probably a good idea to limit the number of boxes a person can buy because it spreads the ammo around, even with the small amount available.

I regularly see 5.56 or .223 for sale on Palmetto, even though it's a bit high.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #78

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

What is the URL for the place that shows current ammo supplies, which stores have it, and prices?
Thanks,
Bil

Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #79

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Does anyone have a link to the website that posts ammo supplies in real- time, with the store and prices?
Thanks,
Bil

Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #80

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil1943
Does anyone have a link to the website that posts ammo supplies in real- time, with the store and prices?
Thanks,
Bil
You can use gunbot.net for online ammo.