Walmart info - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

ArmyRanger ......

Here's a link to a similar thread on another website. I tried to get others to look at well very well documented facts.

SEE POST NUMBER 20

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f63/if-i-devil-108309/index3.html

This is by no means a complete list, but the volume of ammo should get your attention. Keep in mind that if our government was buying a massive amounts of ammo under a jillion fictitiious names, you would not hear about it.

It's up to each of us to be watchful of our government, do our own homework, and communicate with others.
Forget about being politicaly correct.

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

ArmyRanger Likes This 
Old 03-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 560

I really don't believe the ammo shortage is caused by DHS. They make large orders but they are spread out for several years. I believe the ammo industry has been watching the petroleum industry and creating shortages. They know that everyone will blame Obama and when we finally get a supply of ammo we will be grateful for getting screwed for the past six months. Right now they firearms industry is recovering all the money they have paid politicians in the last cycle of elections. Kind of like a tiny refinery in Kansas causing a gas shortage all across the US. Right now gas should be under $3 a gallon but because a refinery in Kansas has to be repaired the entire system is strained so gas is $3.50. There are probably containers of ammo sitting in a well secured lot somewhere while distributors are racking up record profits for half the work.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

. . . . oh boy . . . .

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

According to the most recent reports, the amount of ammo purchased by DHS is LESS than what they bought in each of the last 5 or so years. It may sound like DHS is buying a lot of ammo , but they've been doing it for many years now, so there's nothing new here. Maybe you think they don't need so much, but they haven't just STARTED buying these quantities since Obama was first elected so I doubt they're doing it to keep it from us.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #25

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Just called the local DICK'S for ammo.....said there was a line of about 12-15 guys at 7:30am and the first few grabbed up all the ammo they could. This is getting surreal

Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #26

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil1943 View Post
I go to a small Walmart to try to buy some 22LR. I go every M-W-F at 7:00 a.m., the opening time. Each time I've gone there hasn't been any 22LR or much of anything, really, except shotgun shells. I see the same 4 guys ahead of me buying the 22lr large boxes, which are a great deal at under $20, limit of three boxes per person. Today there was none in the Tues. night delivery, so the 4 of us straggled out. At the front door 3 guys stopped and waited for the 4th. When he came out, he took out a roll of bills and peeled off a couple of $50 bills and said split it up.
As it happens, I've seen this guy at local gun shows. He is a vendor there. He sells 22LR for $80/box of 325 or 333. Boxes of 525 rounds are $100.
Now I know where he gets his stock and what he pays for it.
Wally world is the only place I know that hasn't rocketed their prices on 22LR, so I'll keep on trying.
I'll never buy from rip-off artists like this, and I hope no one else does either. If they get stuck holding a bunch of ammo with no buyers, they'll quit hogging it up and maybe the rest of us can go buy a box for a reasonable price.
Bil
Download the app

Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #27

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
WalMart has a live inventory on line. Check the website before you go. If the Sporting Goods Manager says they don't have it and it shows in stock on the website ask for the General Manager of the store. You should see some ammo magically appear.

This is the only way to stop the WalMart staff from taking it all for themselves, or their friends.
Yeah right, do ya' think?

Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #28

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Just called the local DICK'S for ammo.....said there was a line of about 12-15 guys at 7:30am and the first few grabbed up all the ammo they could. This is getting surreal
After Dick's cowardly activities in recent months, I won't even go in the store.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Speaking of surreal, there is gun confiscation going on now -
http://patriotoutdoornews.com/6004/u-s-agencies-join-war-against-gun-owners

Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #30

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr43 View Post
After Dick's cowardly activities in recent months, I won't even go in the store.
Yeah well thats corporate America for ya and when it comes to ammo scarcity.... you push that aside temporarily. At least they didnt inflate ammo prices, their CEO was simply the result of a scare tactic.