Walmart info - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj

Did u ask if it came in at all?.....and just sold quickly?
My walmart received 30 boxes of .22 this morning. My co-worker arrived at 7:20......sold out.
WM worker said a group of 12 guys bought it all at 7:00......hmmmm someone should have followed them to se if they all congregated somewhere.
This is happening in my hometown of Louisville, Ky. A group of people have been hoarding the ammo from Walmart for the last 4 months. We have 4 Walmart stores within 25 miles of each other. It's getting frustrating and ridiculous. I don't agree with registering ammo but it makes me wish they would limit people from buying so much. I have been lucky enough to have some anytime I want to shoot but I sadly did pay more than I should.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #112

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
This is happening in my hometown of Louisville, Ky. A group of people have been hoarding the ammo from Walmart for the last 4 months. We have 4 Walmart stores within 25 miles of each other. It's getting frustrating and ridiculous. I don't agree with registering ammo but it makes me wish they would limit people from buying so much. I have been lucky enough to have some anytime I want to shoot but I sadly did pay more than I should.
The problem is how little ammo walmart and other retailers are getting. Walmart already restricts (at least in my part of Florida) sales to three (3) boxes per person per day. And they sell out in minutes to the first 8-10 or 12 people in line, which is a function of supply, not demand. And just try to buy 22LR online....

Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

I agree supply isn't what it was, but the demand has probably quadrupled where as supply is probably down maybe 50%. And a lot of that demand is not people shooting. It's people hoarding or buying for resale at a profit.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The rise in cost for consumers is the consumers fault. Close the wallets for even a month, I bet you start seeing pre-Obama 2012 election prices. Instead of .60-.75 a round for .223/5.56 or .40-.50 a round 9mm. Of course, it takes everyone to make that happen. I do find it funny how we are as close to the depression we have ever been, but everyone and their grandma is buying all ammo available.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #114
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Just scored 300 rnds of Winchester 9mm at Walmart! First score in months for me

Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
I don't know about all this "wink, nudge, nod-nod, back door, employee to contact info".
All of our Wal-Marts will tell you what they expect to receive, that night, over the phone or in person.
I am convinced that some folks that line up at 0330, when the ammo comes out at 0530 are reselling it. Whatever. Last week, 8 boxes of 250 rnd UMC 9mm was coming in. I got there about 0500. There were 7 folks in front of me. The first guy got 3. The 2nd guy got 3. the 2nd guy's wife got 1 and 2 .45 ACP. The 4th guy got the last box.
I really think Wal_Mart should limit it to 200 rounds or 3 boxes, whichever comes first, Think about .223 or 7.62. Three boxes gets you 60 rounds. While three boxes of 250 rnd UMC gets you 750 rounds. I know its a good attempt at trying to be fair. I think they just didn't put much thought into it.

In the last week I've scored two 100 rnd boxes of WWB .40 & a box of Tula .223 (at $5.27! They had 4, but I wanted the .40 more), and three boxes of Tula 9mm ($10.83! That's .23¢ a round!).

I can't seem to catch any .22LR, tho. What is it with .22LR? Is it not being produced as much as other calibers? Is it more sought after, because it cannot be reloaded? Is it just hoaded and sought after more than any other caliber?
The search continues...
How much money are you wasting driving to and from the store? "Patience is a virtue often found in women and never found in man." This too will pass - later rather than sooner - but will pass.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #116

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
How much money are you wasting driving to and from the store? "Patience is a virtue often found in women and never found in man." This too will pass - later rather than sooner - but will pass.
None. One is 10 minutes from my home. I sometimes wake up early, for work and go get in line around 0400. They have been putting out the new ammo at 0515 (However this all changed this week. Now its 0700. Supposedly a corporate descision). There are usually any where from 7 to 14 folks in line by then, because the workers have no problem telling, a thousand times a day what ammo will be in that night.
The other store is down the road from church, where I go 3 times a week. That store puts out new ammo at 7pm.

Below is what I have scored from those 2 store over the past two weeks. All for my family and me for target practice.
score.jpg

Last edited by pizza_pablo; 05-01-2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: add text

Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #117
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil1943 View Post
Do you have a link for this? I have looked and looked and cannot find that feature. I know it exists, but wonder if it is an app, which my phone doesn't take apps.
I was at Walmart this morning at 6:45, the first time I've been there lately due to circumstances beyond my control, and I was the only person at the
door. When the lady opened the door, she said "Ammo"? Yeppers. "None came in," which I had highly suspected.
I need to get on an even playing field.
Many kind thanks for the link and any and all assistance I can get.
Bil

Bil - here's a simple hack to get it back on your computer. Although by the comments, maybe Wallyworld caught on and changed their code. Give it a shot.

http://youtu.be/j3-GvSFqut8

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #118

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Bil - here's a simple hack to get it back on your computer. Although by the comments, maybe Wallyworld caught on and changed their code. Give it a shot.

http://youtu.be/j3-GvSFqut8
KJ, Just tried this, without success. Sent you a pm, with my email addy to take it off this forum....
Thanks for the help,
Bil (just a guy trying to buy 3 lg boxes of 22LR aka JAGT2B3LB22LR)

Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #119
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil1943

The problem is how little ammo walmart and other retailers are getting. Walmart already restricts (at least in my part of Florida) sales to three (3) boxes per person per day. And they sell out in minutes to the first 8-10 or 12 people in line, which is a function of supply, not demand. And just try to buy 22LR online....
I wish my Walmart even SOLD ammo (new heresy dweller here). But I snagged some CCI 40 grain standard .22 for $9.50 a box of 100 from Natchez a few days ago. There are some decent deals online if you are diligent. I'm just lucky that I work all day sitting with my arse in front of a PC. Lets me check my gunbot several times a day.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil1943 View Post
Agreed. I hit WM the morning after they receive the shipments around 6:00 when I get to town and it's a little of this and a little of that.

Tuesday it was one box of .38. Today, two boxes of .40 S &W.

Congratulations to the hoarders here who are buying it up & making it impossible for some to get any ammo to go out shooting.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."