Walmart info
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Walmart info

I go to a small Walmart to try to buy some 22LR. I go every M-W-F at 7:00 a.m., the opening time. Each time I've gone there hasn't been any 22LR or much of anything, really, except shotgun shells. I see the same 4 guys ahead of me buying the 22lr large boxes, which are a great deal at under $20, limit of three boxes per person. Today there was none in the Tues. night delivery, so the 4 of us straggled out. At the front door 3 guys stopped and waited for the 4th. When he came out, he took out a roll of bills and peeled off a couple of $50 bills and said split it up.
As it happens, I've seen this guy at local gun shows. He is a vendor there. He sells 22LR for $80/box of 325 or 333. Boxes of 525 rounds are $100.
Now I know where he gets his stock and what he pays for it.
Wally world is the only place I know that hasn't rocketed their prices on 22LR, so I'll keep on trying.
I'll never buy from rip-off artists like this, and I hope no one else does either. If they get stuck holding a bunch of ammo with no buyers, they'll quit hogging it up and maybe the rest of us can go buy a box for a reasonable price.
Bil

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

I found out (from an employee by way of a "wink and a nod") my local wally world has employees "leaking info" to certain others as to what/when ammo arrives. Average person doesn't have a chance here. You'd have to be awfully naive to believe money doesn't change hands on this operation...

Last edited by johnr43; 03-27-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #3

Just picked up 300 rounds of 9mm at my Walmart here is Mesa,AZ

Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Cincinnati, OH area Wal-Marts haven't had ammo actually on their shelf for months except 12 ga. Birdshot. One customer told me he saw an employee leave with 10 boxes. If Wal-Mart only enforces the "three box rule" on customers we don't stand a chance, unless we take jobs at the local store.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

bill1943 .....

These things do happen in a free market. However, everyone gets the reputation they deserve, and in the end - that will kill their own business.

The important thing to understand here is . . . . Why this situation so much worse than ever before?

ANSWER - Our government is buying up all of the ammo that our tax dollars can afford. They can't buy it all, but they're buying enough to create the REAL problem here. You'll never hear about this from our liberal news media on TV.

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

People Like This 
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #6

I don't think it is the government buying it all up. It's the average Tom, Dick and Harry who is panic buying because of what he reads in the news. Eventually, provided the manufacturers keep up production, this thing will settle out and supplies will become plentiful again and prices will come down. ($.30 / round for .22LR??? REALLY????) Until they do, I am not going to shoot what I have put back, which is a real shame.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

bigtex52 ........

Check out this government procurement webpage,

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=7c0a7d03ca1d03dbe187e2 a5406502e5&tab=core&_cview=1

and you'll see that our government actually IS buying stockpiles of ammo - just to keep it out of our hands.

Why else would they be ordering things like 28 gauge, .22 Rimfire, 30-06, 44 Magnum, 7.62x39 etc etc..?

Visit our website at WWW.LARRYWILLIS.COM It's devoted to helping shooters make the best handloads possible.

BadBob Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

WalMart has a live inventory on line. Check the website before you go. If the Sporting Goods Manager says they don't have it and it shows in stock on the website ask for the General Manager of the store. You should see some ammo magically appear.

This is the only way to stop the WalMart staff from taking it all for themselves, or their friends.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My next door neighbor works for Walmart (in the Sporting Goods dept). He said their shipments of ammo are nothing like it used to be. They ration it out to customers (2) boxes per customer.

Does that sound like business as usual? Trust me . . . . our government is buying all they can find. Money is no object to them.

motorhead Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm the sporting goods dept. manager at my local Walmart and I somewhat take offense to some of these statements. I personally check what my store and the other stores in a 20 mile radius will be getting on their trucks each night and tell anyone who asks what store will have what ammo. I do tell them that they need to be there early or they would be getting any.