Walmart ammo - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67
Finally had a chance to talk to someone after a short wait. They did take my info, understood what I was saying, and they said someone would get back to me (at my request) - it might be today, might be in 3-5 days, but they have enough details they can start somewhere. I told her I can't imagine a billion dollar company can lose 40 boxes of 22LR, but I'm sure the ATF would be interested to find out how they do that.

audiophile - I'll just leave it as a store in the far NW suburbs of Chicago. It still shows as in stock, but I called again and they said they haven't received any. A few others stores in the area show in stock and some are gone. Can't get out there to check though. Now it's just the principle in pursing this.
Same thing at the Walmart near me. 9mm federal showed out of stock for weeks. Then one day showed in stock. When I got there non to be found. Manager scanned the shelf and it showed 10 boxes In stock and he knew for a fact that 10 where coming in overnight.

2 weeks later the same 10 boxes have not been found and the app still says in stock. I stopped in there today and was told it was being looked into and they were most likely stolen.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #42

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Also wanted to add that I am glad not many people are jumping on the high priced ammo on ctd and other sites. According to gunbot.net the high priced ammo as been on there for days.

Winchester 50rd for .86 a round has been on there all day same with the tulammo on ctd for 1.19 a round (1.18 more than tulammo is worth lol).

Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #43
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Yep, there's nothing to say the manager wasn't in on it or is completely blind to it. Probably thinks I'm a gun nut-job, but I was generally polite about it. I just kept pressing how is it not in their inventory one hour, there the next, scanned in-store as available, but nowhere to be found. Again, the more people call the more of a trend it becomes. Just need to be a PITA like we're doing with Congress - keep calling and bugging them. I refuse to pay the nutty prices, so to me this is worth the fight.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #44

Liked 1079 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Seems to me this is a pretty simple issue. 1. They are wrong, and their scanner is wrong, and their inventory system sucks. 2. There is some funny business regarding disappearing ammo. Since not too many people handle the ammo, and since it is locked in a cabinet, it shouldn't be hard to follow it thru the store, and then later go back and question the people who have the cabinet key when it disappears. The fix for #2 would be easy, assuming that someone gives a $hit. I doubt it.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #45

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

My local wm no longer allows the night crew to stock ammo when it comes off the trucks. Now it is done by the dept. mgr. after 7am.
I went in last night after the truck arrived and showed them what they were expecting in as far as ammo but was told i still had to wait till 7am when the mgr got there....i was 20 min late and got the last box of 9mm

Old 04-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #46

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj
My local wm no longer allows the night crew to stock ammo when it comes off the trucks. Now it is done by the dept. mgr. after 7am.
I went in last night after the truck arrived and showed them what they were expecting in as far as ammo but was told i still had to wait till 7am when the mgr got there....i was 20 min late and got the last box of 9mm
At least you got one. LOL. I have only been able to get tulammo the past few weeks and non of the ranges around me allow steel case ammo.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #47
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1102 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Ammo does not get the tighter security measures guns get. It is a little more watched after, but not much. It ends up on pallets pushed out on the floor, in many stores.

The inventory system for ammo is the same one for tires, and icecream bars, and looks after millions of items, at thousands of stores. Being off a few boxes of something, in millions of boxes is not out of the question, and could be expected.

Employee shrinkage, theft, is not unheard of, in any business. Employees steal more goods in a retail business than customers do, often times. One of the hazards of retail.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1003 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 413

Made the half hour drive to a Wal Mart identified on the app as having 9mm, .45, and .308 in limited qty. this morning...figured they had to have some of above at least.

Nut tin'! Just some 7mm mag and .17.

"We don't know why the system won't update..."

I got there early, too...had to wait around until 7am to buy beer and make the trip worth it!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #49

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex
Made the half hour drive to a Wal Mart identified on the app as having 9mm, .45, and .308 in limited qty. this morning...figured they had to have some of above at least.

Nut tin'! Just some 7mm mag and .17.

"We don't know why the system won't update..."

I got there early, too...had to wait around until 7am to buy beer and make the trip worth it!
Haha atleast you can buy beer at walmart. I live in pa which is a gun friendly state but not so much with alcohol. We have to go to the beer store to get beer.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #50

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta9988 View Post
Haha atleast you can buy beer at walmart. I live in pa which is a gun friendly state but not so much with alcohol. We have to go to the beer store to get beer.
In Texas we can drive to wallyworld, pick up a 30 pack of beer, buy a new 30-30, a couple boxs of ammo & hit the woods

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET