Walmart ammo - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock >

Walmart ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I'd imagine the store's stocking employees are the ones who're getting to the ammo before customers, but not all stores get the same shipments.

I spoke to the manager of my local Walmart, (they don't sell guns) and he told me that right now Walmart stores that do not sell firearms are getting less ammo than those who do sell guns.

He said there was nothing he could do, he has no control of what type/caliber or how much ammo is being sent to him. He (and the manager of another store that did sell guns) advised me to be at the store early everyday if you want any chance of finding ammo there, but odds are it's probably not going to be what you want.

I went to two local gun shows recently, and they had everything you could want, but most of it was not being sold at prices you'd want to pay. It seemed like the more someone had of a particular caliber, the more they wanted for it per round, which seemed kind of strange, as they were not all what you'd call popular calibers. One guy was selling asst bulk rifle caliber ammo in military ammo boxes, (not in original boxes) but it was not cheap.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #22

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

I use the Walmart app. The last 3 weekends I've gotten 9mm & 223. I just left my local store with 3 federal 100 packs of 9mm and 3 boxes of American eagle 223' I buy the wife dinner when she comes and gets 3 boxes' works every time!!!!
BadBob Likes This 
Old 04-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob View Post
I'd imagine the store's stocking employees are the ones who're getting to the ammo before customers, but not all stores get the same shipments.

I spoke to the manager of my local Walmart, (they don't sell guns) and he told me that right now Walmart stores that do not sell firearms are getting less ammo than those who do sell guns.

He said there was nothing he could do, he has no control of what type/caliber or how much ammo is being sent to him. He (and the manager of another store that did sell guns) advised me to be at the store early everyday if you want any chance of finding ammo there, but odds are it's probably not going to be what you want.

I went to two local gun shows recently, and they had everything you could want, but most of it was not being sold at prices you'd want to pay. It seemed like the more someone had of a particular caliber, the more they wanted for it per round, which seemed kind of strange, as they were not all what you'd call popular calibers. One guy was selling asst bulk rifle caliber ammo in military ammo boxes, (not in original boxes) but it was not cheap.

Are you in Orlando or cocoa? If you are in the Orlando area I have some suggestions for finding ammo for you.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I'd say if someone has some pretty good suspicions or the app says it's in stock but not on the shelves, I would call corporate. Walmart has to have tracking of when supplies arrive at stores, and they have security cameras - someone should be able to tell if they are stocking the shelves after a shipment arrival. If not and since's it's a customer complaint, let the investigation and firings begin.
johnr1943 Likes This 
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 357 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I noticed here in Easter Washington, it's slowly becoming more available on the shelves. I was in my local WalMart this morning and found that they had .38spec, Remington .357, Winchester .44mag, Winchester .40, Federal 9mm and about a 9 or 10 boxes of Remington .22LR. They still have a 3 box limit per customer sign up though. Plenty of long rifle ammo on the shelf.

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 04-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #26

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

OP, why does this surprise you? With all of Walmart's computers and inventory systems, you 'd think they could keep more stuff in stock. Like shoelaces. I was there one day, and the shoelace rack was half empty. It's not like there is a shoelace shortage. I went back a few days later, and the rack was full.

Home Depot. I went to buy an air compressor. They had none. I ask the guy, "when will you get more?" He tells me they have one in stock, the floor model. Manual, gone. Drain & fill plugs, gone. Covered in dust. Who knows what else has been done to it. He offers me that one, and not even at a discount. I ask him if he'd order me another one. No, he can't. The system orders it by itself, and it's showing one in stock. I offer to pay for it right now, up front. Nope. Can't do it.
Most of the HD around here store these things out on the floor. People steal parts off them like crazy. I searched for weeks to find an unmolested one. And drove further to get it.
LOL, and you're surprised WW inventory isn't up-to-the-second.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 427 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I don't usually buy ammo but for 10$ a box! I know it's not high quality but it will still go bang.

image-1081381863.jpg

Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #28

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK97 View Post
I don't usually buy ammo but for 10$ a box! I know it's not high quality but it will still go bang.

Attachment 95955
I have quite a bit- It works-
Local walmart had 9mm yesterday PPU @ $23 a box-$8 higher than a LGS down the road

Old 04-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Standing in line at Walmart right now (first person). Their app shows 9mm, 22lr, and .380 in stock for the past hour. Shelves are barren and staff says they've got none. I showed them the app, they scan the shelves and the look of surprise He goes in back and says they're unloading the truck but haven't come across it yet, but even he's excited. Another associate comes up to him seeing we're talking about ammo. Quietly says I've got 6 boxes of .556 in my locker. Don't tell anyone (with a wink).

An hour later, There's no 22 or 9 on the truck. The manager can't explain it either. I'll be calling corporate loss prevention morning.
BadBob Likes This 
Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #30

Liked 296 Times on 198 Posts

Loose lips sink ships. Dumb@$$