Walmart ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Walmart ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Score!!! 3 boxes of 333.

image-837290098.jpg

Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You think you guys have it bad? Here the sporting goods manager at walmart buys the ammo before it hit the shelf and sells it on the local classifieds for 2-3X the amount, like a 500 round box of .22 for 70$... Surprised he's not fired

Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #13

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoitz
You think you guys have it bad? Here the sporting goods manager at walmart buys the ammo before it hit the shelf and sells it on the local classifieds for 2-3X the amount, like a 500 round box of .22 for 70$... Surprised he's not fired
They do that at some locals Walmart's a here also.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #14

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoitz View Post
If you can prove it's him, and that this is what he's doing, start reporting him. And I don't mean, to the store manager every now and then. Take it to their corporate headquarters, district managers, whatever.

Walmarts are oftentimes run like their own little feudal fiefdom. You have to go above and beyond THAT store's management to see anything get done. The local manager is only concerned with one thing, keeping their job. In this day and age, that's a legit concern. But many people in many different jobs will do so with disregard to what's right and wrong.

A District Manager is concerned with making sure the stores aren't jacked up. That would be the first person I would talk to.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #15

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
If you can prove it's him, and that this is what he's doing, start reporting him. And I don't mean, to the store manager every now and then. Take it to their corporate headquarters, district managers, whatever.

Walmarts are oftentimes run like their own little feudal fiefdom. You have to go above and beyond THAT store's management to see anything get done. The local manager is only concerned with one thing, keeping their job. In this day and age, that's a legit concern. But many people in many different jobs will do so with disregard to what's right and wrong.

A District Manager is concerned with making sure the stores aren't jacked up. That would be the first person I would talk to.
Exactly- bitchin among ourselves will not solve the problem----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #16

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I agree if you find out anything like that going on at Walmart call their corporate office. My ex wife works at a Walmart and people have been fired for less. It only takes one or two to lose their jobs and word will get around and it will stop.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #17

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

The app has not helped me so far. Been to three Walmart's today that said they had stuff in stock and none of them did.

Spoke to the General manager of one store and he said the website is not always accurate. I told him I had heard of employees stashing ammo to buy themselves. He said if he found out anyone was doing that they would be fired.

Maybe he is in on it lol.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #18

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360
The app has not helped me so far. Been to three Walmart's today that said they had stuff in stock and none of them did.

Spoke to the General manager of one store and he said the website is not always accurate. I told him I had heard of employees stashing ammo to buy themselves. He said if he found out anyone was doing that they would be fired.

Maybe he is in on it lol.
I know when they showed handgun ammo on their website, it showed a date of when it was updated which usually was days earlier. I have found one time it was correct!!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I had an interesting call today from a friend who has regular contact with Winchester's ammunition plant in North Mississippi. According to him, Winchester has been making .22LR in copious quantities and shipping to Walmart as usual. However, as he notes, we rarely hear of or see any on shelves in the stores. According to the friend, Winchester and Remington have learned that Walmart has not restricted ammo sales to its employees. Suspicions are that pallets are not even making it out of the distribution centers; employees are buying them there. Could that explain the quantities being offered for sale by private sellers on sundry websites? Seems like an easy way to "supplement" one's income. More basically, though, if all the manufacturers continue to make and ship .22LR, where is it all going? Another friend suggests that ammo could become the currency of choice if such huge quantities are being hoarded, as we all suspect.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #20

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisJim1 View Post
I had an interesting call today from a friend who has regular contact with Winchester's ammunition plant in North Mississippi. According to him, Winchester has been making .22LR in copious quantities and shipping to Walmart as usual. However, as he notes, we rarely hear of or see any on shelves in the stores. According to the friend, Winchester and Remington have learned that Walmart has not restricted ammo sales to its employees. Suspicions are that pallets are not even making it out of the distribution centers; employees are buying them there. Could that explain the quantities being offered for sale by private sellers on sundry websites? Seems like an easy way to "supplement" one's income. More basically, though, if all the manufacturers continue to make and ship .22LR, where is it all going? Another friend suggests that ammo could become the currency of choice if such huge quantities are being hoarded, as we all suspect.
The only problem with that is there is no way to purchase the ammo at the distribution centers. This would also affect shipping and bills of lading. Once home office decides which stores are going get a shipment and how much, all the ammo (and other freight) has to be accounted for. I understand that Winchester may be producing at normal levels, but there are over 4500 Walmarts and they are not the only company that receives ammo from the manufactures. I can tell you that we see a decent flow of .22lr as well as other ammo, but we also have people coming in at all hours to purchase so it is usually gone by morning. Obviously I can not speak for all stores, but at my store our associates are bound by the same rules as everyone else. Three box limit and they have to be off the clock to purchase. It is not just Walmart, Academy, Dick's,Bass Pro and our local gun shops are all in the same boat.

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"