Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   In Stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/)
-   -   Walmart ammo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/walmart-ammo-88092/)

beretta9988 04-03-2013 05:08 PM

Walmart ammo

So I had a frustrating experience at Walmart today. The Walmart I go to stocks their ammo overnight then starts selling at 7am or whenever the sporting good person gets in. yesterday I go their around 7am and was told there was no ammo and to try again tomorrow. I go this morning and while waiting I look at the iphone app for walmart and it says they have 9mm 100 round federal in stock. So I get excited I am the only one there thinking cool I can finally get some ammo. The sporting good manager comes in and I tell her I want 3 boxes of 9mm and she says we don’t have any. I say the app says you have it in stock. She says we had it yesterday and it sold out. Now I am confused. I was there yesterday and was told nothing came in.

The sporting goods manager tells me yes I remember you from yesterday and I apologize a bunch of ammo showed up around 10am. It was found in the one of the food aisle boxes in a box labeled ketchup. Then later in the day more showed up in a box labeled mustard. The sporting good manger and store manager are looking into it.

Sounds like Walmart employees are hiding ammo so they can purchase it the next day. The sporting good manager told me employees can’t buy ammo unless it has been in stock for more than 24 hours.

Mongo 04-03-2013 07:10 PM

I used to deliver trailers to Walmart stores. The process generally involves the store receiving 3 trailers daily. The receivers won't know what products are on which trailer. Throw in a shift change and the clerks may honestly not know what has arrived but has not been unloaded yet.

beretta9988 04-03-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongo
I used to deliver trailers to Walmart stores. The process generally involves the store receiving 3 trailers daily. The receivers won't know what products are on which trailer. Throw in a shift change and the clerks may honestly not know what has arrived but has not been unloaded yet.

I understand that but funny how ammo was found in a box with mustard a ketchup.

MisterMcCool 04-03-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beretta9988

I understand that but funny how ammo was found in a box with mustard a ketchup.

That sounds like BS.

JTJ 04-03-2013 10:50 PM

Walmart does not pay very much so the employees are probably supplementing their income.

dalefan88 04-03-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ
Walmart does not pay very much so the employees are probably supplementing their income.

Ya with over priced ammo on armslist.

bige91603 04-04-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ

Maybe they should get a real job then

beretta9988 04-04-2013 01:45 AM

According to the Walmart app they its still in stock. Does anyone know how accurate the app is. I would think by now the ammo that was sold yesterday would be out of there system by now.

bige91603 04-04-2013 02:01 AM

I found two boxes of white box 45 auto and bought them at the wally world down the road. Still says they have limited stock

GaMatt72 04-05-2013 10:27 AM

6:30 am waiting at my Walmart for some 22lr. Found out it came in last night and won't be on the self till 7:30.