Stay away from Big Dawg Firearms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Stay away from Big Dawg Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Default Stay away from Big Dawg Firearms

This Dayton OH based company, owned by Michael Gilbert, is a complete sham. I purchased a membership based on advertised plans to build a range by this summer. They have now closed their doors, their website and facebook page.

The owner says tough luck and the range is just indefinitely delayed. I know I was stupid to trust them, but wanted to make sure folks arent conned like I was.

Todays email exchange"
"On Monday, July 22, 2013, Big Dawg Firearms wrote:
As explained to someone else an investor is entitled to that information. You bought a membership. A membership and investor are two different things.

Call it what you like, we did not "steal" your money.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2013, at 4:04 PM, Mick Hitchcock <mickh52@gmail.com> wrote:

So you are really going to steal my money? Your store is closed, your facebook page is closed, your email site is closed --> a little more than a "delay". I didnt buy a product, I paid for a service which isnt being provided as promised. That is very, very different than returning an item bought at what used to be your store.

I invested $175 and now you are saying too bad. If you arent going to give me the money, then give me an explicit ischedule of your plans for the range - where it will be located, when will it be finished and what will it of. As an investor do you not believe I am owed that much?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Big Dawg Firearms <bigdawgfns@gmail.com> wrote:
A couple points to make here

1. Yes there was a delay with the range, but that does not conclude "not following through" on the agreement.

2. We have a clearly marked sign hanging up that there are No Refunds, No Returns, No Exchanges. We have not issues refunds to anyone for anything in the past, present or future.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Mick Hitchcock <mickh52@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike

I would like a full refund of my range membership since you have not followed through with the agreement. Please get back to me as soon as possible

Mick Hitchcock

Last edited by Mick3411; 07-22-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

You may want to put this in the Ohio forum for the locals too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2557 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 1286

Mick,

Time to take it to small claims court!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

willshoum Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #4

Liked 2512 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 2411

Did you have a contract? Does it give a date that the range will be ready? If not I doubt you have much to go with. Good news, it was a fairly cheap lesson.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #5

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Did you have a contract? Does it give a date that the range will be ready? If not I doubt you have much to go with. Good news, it was a fairly cheap lesson.
No contract, just the advertising claim that it would be operational by the end of the summer of 2013. It is a lesson I should have previously learned but fell for it anyway.

Like a lot of posts on here - learn from my mistake and just be wary when something sounds too good to be true.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 569 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2445

That guy, Michael Gilbert, is a real Adam Henry.
Hope he gets his payback in the "END"

Last edited by shadecorp; 07-22-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #7

Liked 83 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Sorry to learn of your issue.

We are involved with opening a range here in Urbana, IL and might sell pre-opening memberships.

BUT ! If we presell memberships the money will be going into an escrow account until either the range opens or full refunds are issued.

BTW Escrow account monies may not be used as collateral.

For all we have, thank a vet.

"Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone."
- Erwin Rommel

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Yeah..This needs to be in the Ohio forum where people more likely to be effected will see it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-25-2013, 03:53 AM   #9

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Did you use a credit card for your membership payment? If so, simply call the credit card company and tell them you did not get what you paid for and they will take the charge off your account.

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

People Like This