Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   In Stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/)
-   -   Stay away from Big Dawg Firearms (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/stay-away-big-dawg-firearms-94270/)

Mick3411 07-22-2013 08:53 PM

Stay away from Big Dawg Firearms

This Dayton OH based company, owned by Michael Gilbert, is a complete sham. I purchased a membership based on advertised plans to build a range by this summer. They have now closed their doors, their website and facebook page.

The owner says tough luck and the range is just indefinitely delayed. I know I was stupid to trust them, but wanted to make sure folks arent conned like I was.

Todays email exchange"
"On Monday, July 22, 2013, Big Dawg Firearms wrote:
As explained to someone else an investor is entitled to that information. You bought a membership. A membership and investor are two different things.

Call it what you like, we did not "steal" your money.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2013, at 4:04 PM, Mick Hitchcock <mickh52@gmail.com> wrote:

So you are really going to steal my money? Your store is closed, your facebook page is closed, your email site is closed --> a little more than a "delay". I didnt buy a product, I paid for a service which isnt being provided as promised. That is very, very different than returning an item bought at what used to be your store.

I invested $175 and now you are saying too bad. If you arent going to give me the money, then give me an explicit ischedule of your plans for the range - where it will be located, when will it be finished and what will it of. As an investor do you not believe I am owed that much?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Big Dawg Firearms <bigdawgfns@gmail.com> wrote:
A couple points to make here

1. Yes there was a delay with the range, but that does not conclude "not following through" on the agreement.

2. We have a clearly marked sign hanging up that there are No Refunds, No Returns, No Exchanges. We have not issues refunds to anyone for anything in the past, present or future.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Mick Hitchcock <mickh52@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike

I would like a full refund of my range membership since you have not followed through with the agreement. Please get back to me as soon as possible

Mick Hitchcock

orangello 07-22-2013 09:03 PM

You may want to put this in the Ohio forum for the locals too.

Sniper03 07-22-2013 09:03 PM

Mick,

Time to take it to small claims court!

rjd3282 07-22-2013 10:02 PM

Did you have a contract? Does it give a date that the range will be ready? If not I doubt you have much to go with. Good news, it was a fairly cheap lesson.

Mick3411 07-22-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 1312031)
Did you have a contract? Does it give a date that the range will be ready? If not I doubt you have much to go with. Good news, it was a fairly cheap lesson.

No contract, just the advertising claim that it would be operational by the end of the summer of 2013. It is a lesson I should have previously learned but fell for it anyway.

Like a lot of posts on here - learn from my mistake and just be wary when something sounds too good to be true.

shadecorp 07-22-2013 10:37 PM

That guy, Michael Gilbert, is a real Adam Henry.
Hope he gets his payback in the "END"

bargeahead 07-22-2013 10:47 PM

Sorry to learn of your issue.

We are involved with opening a range here in Urbana, IL and might sell pre-opening memberships.

BUT ! If we presell memberships the money will be going into an escrow account until either the range opens or full refunds are issued.

BTW Escrow account monies may not be used as collateral.

DrumJunkie 07-22-2013 11:03 PM

Yeah..This needs to be in the Ohio forum where people more likely to be effected will see it.

tomingreeneco 07-25-2013 03:53 AM

Did you use a credit card for your membership payment? If so, simply call the credit card company and tell them you did not get what you paid for and they will take the charge off your account.