Local Academy lifts ammo limits

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > Local Academy lifts ammo limits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 550 Times on 334 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Default Local Academy lifts ammo limits

My local Academy Sports and Outdoors lifted their ammo limits on Friday for all ammo except .22LR and 9mm. The manager said the ammo will be stocked on the back shelves in the hunting section within the next few days. (previously you had to pick it up at the customer service counter)

It's coming back folks. Now just cross your fingers that nobody screws things up again.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #2

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf
My local Academy Sports and Outdoors lifted their ammo limits on Friday for all ammo except .22LR and 9mm. The manager said the ammo will be stocked on the back shelves in the hunting section within the next few days. (previously you had to pick it up at the customer service counter)

It's coming back folks. Now just cross your fingers that nobody screws things up again.
Is this the one in Norman?

Old 08-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Is this the one in Norman?
Sorry bud, I forgot to tell you that I moved away. However, go check it out if you get the chance sometime soon and ask them. Then report back to me because I am interested in knowing if this is more nationwide or local.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #4

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf

Sorry bud, I forgot to tell you that I moved away. However, go check it out if you get the chance sometime soon and ask them. Then report back to me because I am interested in knowing if this is more nationwide or local.
I asked my roommate about it since he still works there, and he said everything but 9mm and .22LR is not limited

Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Nice. So maybe this is a nation thing and we are walkin into the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm gonna hoard. But I'm gonna do it slowly, don't worry, I won't be driving a panic train.

I want 5K in .45ACP. Just because I was caught with my pants down so badly. I went most of the panic with only two loaded 7 round mags, and a few odd loose rounds in the console of my car.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm gonna hoard. But I'm gonna do it slowly, don't worry, I won't be driving a panic train.

I want 5K in .45ACP. Just because I was caught with my pants down so badly. I went most of the panic with only two loaded 7 round mags, and a few odd loose rounds in the console of my car.
Wow that's sad. I had at least 1K+ in 45acp when the panic hit. My problem is I bought several new guns throughout the panic, all in calibers that I had never owned before. One of them was 9mm. You can imagine the fun trying to find ammo to shoot that.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #8

Liked 159 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 131

I was at Academy yesterday and saw the new sign. I bought up some .45 TMJ they had there. My range only allows TMJ ammo.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 333 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Me too. I started reloading since the panic. My hoarding is going to center around .22lr and primers/bullets/powder. I want to put up atleast 10k rounds of bulk packs and between 30-50k in various primers. I already am half way there but will be adding slowly over the next few months.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #10

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Me too. I started reloading since the panic. My hoarding is going to center around .22lr and primers/bullets/powder. I want to put up atleast 10k rounds of bulk packs and between 30-50k in various primers. I already am half way there but will be adding slowly over the next few months.
That's another thing I wanna do- get set up to reload.