Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   In Stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/)
-   -   Local Academy lifts ammo limits (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/local-academy-lifts-ammo-limits-95641/)

fa35jsf 08-18-2013 04:04 AM

Local Academy lifts ammo limits
 
My local Academy Sports and Outdoors lifted their ammo limits on Friday for all ammo except .22LR and 9mm. The manager said the ammo will be stocked on the back shelves in the hunting section within the next few days. (previously you had to pick it up at the customer service counter)

It's coming back folks. Now just cross your fingers that nobody screws things up again.

ShagNasty1001 08-18-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf
My local Academy Sports and Outdoors lifted their ammo limits on Friday for all ammo except .22LR and 9mm. The manager said the ammo will be stocked on the back shelves in the hunting section within the next few days. (previously you had to pick it up at the customer service counter)

It's coming back folks. Now just cross your fingers that nobody screws things up again.

Is this the one in Norman?

fa35jsf 08-18-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 (Post 1338860)
Is this the one in Norman?

Sorry bud, I forgot to tell you that I moved away. However, go check it out if you get the chance sometime soon and ask them. Then report back to me because I am interested in knowing if this is more nationwide or local.

ShagNasty1001 08-18-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf

Sorry bud, I forgot to tell you that I moved away. However, go check it out if you get the chance sometime soon and ask them. Then report back to me because I am interested in knowing if this is more nationwide or local.

I asked my roommate about it since he still works there, and he said everything but 9mm and .22LR is not limited

fa35jsf 08-18-2013 02:39 PM

Nice. So maybe this is a nation thing and we are walkin into the light at the end of the tunnel.

trip286 08-18-2013 02:46 PM

I'm gonna hoard. But I'm gonna do it slowly, don't worry, I won't be driving a panic train.

I want 5K in .45ACP. Just because I was caught with my pants down so badly. I went most of the panic with only two loaded 7 round mags, and a few odd loose rounds in the console of my car.

fa35jsf 08-18-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1339153)
I'm gonna hoard. But I'm gonna do it slowly, don't worry, I won't be driving a panic train.

I want 5K in .45ACP. Just because I was caught with my pants down so badly. I went most of the panic with only two loaded 7 round mags, and a few odd loose rounds in the console of my car.

Wow that's sad. I had at least 1K+ in 45acp when the panic hit. My problem is I bought several new guns throughout the panic, all in calibers that I had never owned before. One of them was 9mm. You can imagine the fun trying to find ammo to shoot that.

john300k 08-19-2013 02:19 AM

I was at Academy yesterday and saw the new sign. I bought up some .45 TMJ they had there. My range only allows TMJ ammo.

aandabooks 08-19-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1339153)
I'm gonna hoard. But I'm gonna do it slowly, don't worry, I won't be driving a panic train.

I want 5K in .45ACP. Just because I was caught with my pants down so badly. I went most of the panic with only two loaded 7 round mags, and a few odd loose rounds in the console of my car.

Me too. I started reloading since the panic. My hoarding is going to center around .22lr and primers/bullets/powder. I want to put up atleast 10k rounds of bulk packs and between 30-50k in various primers. I already am half way there but will be adding slowly over the next few months.

trip286 08-19-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1339695)
Me too. I started reloading since the panic. My hoarding is going to center around .22lr and primers/bullets/powder. I want to put up atleast 10k rounds of bulk packs and between 30-50k in various primers. I already am half way there but will be adding slowly over the next few months.

That's another thing I wanna do- get set up to reload.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.