Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   In Stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/)
-   -   Just when it was starting to get better (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/just-when-starting-get-better-90107/)

cecasejr 05-04-2013 11:54 PM

Just when it was starting to get better

It makes you think this was timed to reignite the ammo frenzy.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-seeks-millions-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

HockaLouis 05-05-2013 12:08 AM

Alex Jones is a carnival barker but I think that the President is starting to realize he himself is a lame duck w/nothing but a gun control agenda. He can't raise taxes. The Sequestration he orchestrated to undermine the military backfired as he tried to punish us with it and Congress fought back plus the jobs report went up a point and was supposed to go down due to the limited government spending -- lol. Harry Reid just publicly proclaimed Obamacare a train wreck (unless we spend unlimited money on it). The Boston terrorists were aliens getting $100k in welfare and Obama tried to blame THAT on sequestration too...

He needs to control the people and it isn't all falling into place as quickly as the sheep should be letting it. Mao taught his "strapping young marxist" power comes from the muzzle of a gun -- now he needs ammo for them all. What's gonna happen when the 20% of Americans on foodstamps suddenly lose them? They will be yanked. When the 40% unemplyed African American yutes become 51% and global warming settles into Watts again? When the rest of America realizes he sent 12 Million jobs overseas permanently in 4 years, spent 4 hours in meetings on the economy in the first four months of 2013 but he wants to legalize up to 24 million illegal immigrants, and will sue Arizona for arresting criminals before he'll close the border? Will he joke about getting high and having the munchies again like he did last week!?

No, they can't buy enough ammunition...

Axxe55 05-05-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1236864)
Alex Jones is a carnival barker but I think that the President is starting to realize he himself is a lame duck w/nothing but a gun control agenda. He can't raise taxes. The Sequestration he orchestrated to undermine the military backfired as he tried to punish us with it and Congress fought back plus the jobs report went up a point and was supposed to go down due to the limited government spending -- lol. Harry Reid just publicly proclaimed Obamacare a train wreck (unless we spend unlimited money on it). The Boston terrorists were aliens getting $100k in welfare and Obama tried to blame THAT on sequestration too...

He needs to control the people and it isn't all falling into place as quickly as the sheep should be letting it. Mao taught his "strapping young marxist" power comes from the muzzle of a gun -- now he needs ammo for them all. What's gonna happen when the 20% of Americans on foodstamps suddenly lose them? They will be yanked. When the 40% unemplyed African American yutes become 51% and global warming settles into Watts again? When the rest of America realizes he sent 12 Million jobs overseas permanently in 4 years, spent 4 hours in meetings on the economy in the first four months of 2013 but he wants to legalize up to 24 million illegal immigrants, and will sue Arizona for arresting criminals before he'll close the border? Will he joke about getting high and having the munchies again like he did last week!?

No, they can't buy enough ammunition...

please some reliable sources for you figure please Hock. where do you come up with these numbers? please cite some credible sources if you are going to post such things. starting to sound like a huge conspiracy theorist.

nixfix 05-06-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecasejr (Post 1236849)
It makes you think this was timed to reignite the ammo frenzy.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-seeks-millions-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

2 million rounds won't affect civilian supply, particularly as the type of ammunition requested is very specialized. Frangible and non-frangible, reduced hazard ammunition is expensive to start with and I, for one, would not consider buying it anyway.

rhyno13 05-06-2013 01:51 PM

Infowars is not a trusted news source.

Bigcountry02 05-06-2013 10:53 PM

Alex Jones website has a write up; however, if you read the site, it also had the link to Fed Biz Ops.

Looks like they're looking at procurement of training ammo.

I look at the document, did see an amount figure in question.

Quote:

15. Are you capable of producing large quantity orders of any training caliber specified with a short turnaround time of 30-60 days?

16. What would your lead time be for an order of 2 million rounds of a single type listed above?

17. If you were awarded a contract for some of the calibers listed above, submitted a production lot of one million rounds and that lot or portion of the lot was not accepted, would you be able to replace that order with an additional one million rounds within 60 days?
REDUCED HAZARD TRAINING AMMUNITION (RHTA)
Solicitation Number: HSFLGL-RFI-00056
Agency: Department of Homeland Security
Office: Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&tab=core&id=bfd42784 17a546cf45ee194e54fab5b5&_cview=0

Quote:

The purpose of this sources sought notice is to determine how the Government requirements can be met. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC), Glynco, Georgia is anticipating a purchase of Reduced Hazard Training Ammunition (RHTA) for multiple caliber types for use in the training programs for the FLETC sites. This applies to frangible and non-frangible projectiles and must meet the requirements stated below.
General: FLETC has a requirement for RHTA training ammunition of multiple calibers strictly for law enforcement officer (LEO) training purposes at multiple training sites in the United States. Types of RHTA needed are:
CALIBER TYPE; Acceptable Bullet Weight Range
9MM Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 90 -105
10MM Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-135
.357 SIG Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-115
.38 SPL Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 110-
.380 Auto Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 70-75
.40 S&W Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 100-135
.45 Auto Caliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 155-
.223 REM aliber Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 50-55
.308 WIN Caliber Jacketed, Reduced Hazard; 165-168
12 Gauge Steel Shot Target Load, Reduced Hazard; #7
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 8 PELLET
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 8 PELLET
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 9 PELLET
12 Gauge #00 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 9 PELLET
12 Gauge Rifled Slug Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 1 OZ
12 Gauge Rifled Slug Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 1 OZ
12 Gauge #4 Buckshot Full Recoil, Reduced Hazard, Frangible; 27 PELLET
12 GAUGE #4 Buckshot Reduced Recoil, Reduced Hazard; 27 PELLET

Reloaded ammunition is unacceptable. Ammunition offered must perform in all brands of law enforcement weapons without requiring alterations or damaging such weapons

cecasejr 05-07-2013 04:15 PM

I, for one believe the government is in fact buying in massive quantity in order to keep it from the populace. The idiot in chief is pouting because his anti gun bill didn't pass. I wouldn't doubt if government employees were also buying it online as well, aiding their big government agencies.

Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand and realize we now have an oppressive government that is actively trying to dismantle the Constitution, starting with the 2nd Amendment.

Bigcountry02 05-07-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecasejr (Post 1239897)
I, for one believe the government is in fact buying in massive quantity in order to keep it from the populace. The idiot in chief is pouting because his anti gun bill didn't pass. I wouldn't doubt if government employees were also buying it online as well, aiding their big government agencies.

Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand and realize we now have an oppressive government that is actively trying to dismantle the Constitution, starting with the 2nd Amendment.

I would not call it buying; more of reserve it, which in-turn puts a hold on the ammunition. We the populace, LE, State Police and Sheriffs can not get it.

BadBob 05-07-2013 09:23 PM

Exactly; whether they need it or not their orders are binding up the manufacturers for sure... purposely I believe. As for the post mentioning conspiracy theorists as if a suspicious mind makes one a nut-job; uh, I think it's way beyond that by now.

Anyone who can't see that there is political conspiracy afoot, well then, what exactly will it take to convince the majority that we and our country is in trouble? The sound of automatic gunfire in your neighborhood, and masses of dead bodies of innocents on the streets? Yeah, I'm a conspiracy theorist, you should be too.

"If a man has an ear, let him hear."

Class3inGA 05-14-2013 12:44 AM

I think this is more of a survey to see who has capacity left. They are checking their progress on crippling the market to see who is left that can produce any volume. We received this RFQ as well and it is a real RFQ.