How to find ammo!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Ammunition & Reloading > In Stock > How to find ammo!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default How to find ammo!

Not sure if you guys saw this video yet but I wanted to see what stores by my house had ammo and there was a walmart with .22 bulk packs like 10 miles from my house.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.
bluez Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Thank.

That is great info...
Unfortunately, "out of stock" is all I see. We Texans don't mind driving so I expanded the searches to include an hour drive for me.
As you have to search by box, I did not run through all the calibers, but .308, .22' and .9 were non existent. But I now know how to determine...
The best clue,IMO, is the time date stamp that shows when it was confirmed... That is the "money shot".
Thanks again for sharing, it has changed my approach!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Also if you are looking online, I have had good luck with gunbot and ammoseek.com

Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1586 Times on 1083 Posts
Likes Given: 548

I have found some deals with the ammo search engines, but they don't last very long. I have had my best luck by word of mouth. Lately someone has a stash of ammo they are willing to part with at a pre panic price. When I hear about ammo by word of mouth the supply is good for a month or so. I would say that is an indicator that suppliers are starting to deliver more than a few boxes at a time. Most of the time the ammo source is a kitchen table FFL.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato