Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   In Stock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/)
-   -   Has There Ever Been This Type Of Ammo Shortage? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f181/has-there-ever-been-type-ammo-shortage-90946/)

ryevick 05-20-2013 01:44 AM

Has There Ever Been This Type Of Ammo Shortage?

The title pretty much says it. Has this ever happened before? I realize that if Obama can't get the guns he will go after the ammo and I am wondering if that's what's already happening or if this is really all from consumers buying it up. I know about the mass gov't ammo purchases but that is nothing new. Thoughts?

Squawk 05-20-2013 01:49 AM

The biggest thing causing ammo shortages right now is the consumer. All this happened around the Holidays and that is when most factories have there longest break.

So during that break, all ammo on shelves and at distributors was bought up in an instant. Now, the ammo manufacturers are trying to keep up the supply to meet demand but they can't. Consumers are buying ammo at an alarming rate. Mostly, it's the consumers.

apwvsd40ve 05-20-2013 02:35 AM

There have been mentions of this in other shortage base threads and the answer is yes. There was one associated with the assault weapon ban in 1994....and there was one in the 80's as well, I believe

Dearhunter 05-20-2013 02:50 AM

As far as ammo is concerned, I have never seen this type of shortage in my 60 plus years!!!

ryevick 05-20-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearhunter (Post 1252063)
As far as ammo is concerned, I have never seen this type of shortage in my 60 plus years!!!

I'm sure consumers are buying massive amounts without a doubt but my gut feels like there's something else going on...

sputnik1988 05-20-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryevick (Post 1252130)
I'm sure consumers are buying massive amounts without a doubt but my gut feels like there's something else going on...

Yeah, gun broker and arms list weren't around last time:rolleyes:

ryevick 05-20-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 1252139)
Yeah, gun broker and arms list weren't around last time:rolleyes:

so you think they have only come in to play in the last year :rolleyes:

sputnik1988 05-20-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryevick (Post 1252165)
so you think they have only come in to play in the last year :rolleyes:

No, but there hasn't been a panic quite this bad since Al Gore invented the Internet.

Vikingdad 05-20-2013 04:51 AM

No. There have been some shortages, but not like this. And not as long. It has been since long before December. I can't wait until the "end of the wars" bring about a surplus again.

nitestalker 05-20-2013 05:47 AM

The "hoarding" is incredible. The current Obama government is distrusted by over half of the Nation. The masses of working Americans are concerned about their future.
Events in recent weeks have reinforced the fear of Leftest Democrats. The powerful IRS and Obamas plans for an additional 14,000 armed enforcement agents. These moves are causing a national fear.
I have never seen shortages this critical. The years of the Vietnam War saw a shortage but never this bad. I have never seen the nation so divided as it is now. :(